Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Mom. Student. Stress Bucket. What do I do now? Support needed.

Mom. Student. Stress Bucket. What do I do now? Support needed.2018-11-03T05:45:27+00:00

The Forums Forums Parenting & ADD Mom. Student. Stress Bucket. What do I do now? Support needed.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

abbynorm
    Participant

I am new to this community and seeking some support. I am not diagnosed with ADHD. I went to a therapist after my daughter was born, 2 years ago, and was diagnosed with anxiety. I am now in graduate school, and feel myself crumbling. In all arenas. I came to this site when I first started school, but chalked it up to getting back into the groove of things. I took the self assessment quiz at that point and scored as high as possible on inattention and hyperactivity. I am struggling to maintain so I came back to the site. Took the test again and scored the same. I do mindfulness. I eat well. I exercise. Mindfulness dissipates my anxiety in the moment. But it returns so quickly because I continue to have the same struggles. I feel as though I can only be some what efficient in one area of my life. Everything else slips. I can do great at school, but fail miserably at maintaining my relationships. I can focus on relationships, but fail miserably at keepin gup with school. It is the same for every. aspect. of. my. life. I feel like I am at my wits end. I am currently in the process of getting health insurance. That has been a process. A 3 month process. Which has delayed me to seek a diagnosis. I went to a therapist that the school offers and she dismissed me. Said that the things I were feeling were normal because the world is not set up to support families. It was really disheartening. She gave me things to help with anxious symptoms. Things that I already do. I do not know how much longer I can continue like this. Am I supposed to get assessed by my primary care physician? a psychiatrist? Does anyone know how much an assessment runs out of pocket? I have to do something. I do not know how much longer I can continue like this.

-On a lighter note typing that out was incredibly therapeutic!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)