Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

More aware

More aware2012-02-07T15:54:59+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since recently being diagnosed with adhd I have been accutely aware of my rambling thoughts and speach. I knew I had a problem before but now it is even more evident to me. Is this a common experience for all?

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Well I recognized the same thing in myself and my daughter too. Up until getting diagnosed, I thought it was pretty normal, really, and that those who didn’t ramble were just…..dull. It’s a weird thing when you suddenly realize that it’s not all of those millions of drivers who are driving the wrong direction on the highway, all coming at you. It’s you. :)

Still, I kind of like the flashes of inspiration that hits, especially when conversing with similarly “afflicted” people, like my daughter, and another friend of mine. We can talk for hours, and ramble all over the virtual countryside, while others look on in horror, wondering why we can’t have a simple linear conversation.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It has made it easier to understand some of the strange looks I would get when speaking to others.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well Carlakin…..now you know. Now it gets good…..I believe your diagnosis can be managed to a much better extent.

Knowledge is key……..understanding what that means and how to exploit it where you can, is the challenge….but I believe doable!!!

Good on you!!!!

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

tdentay

Ahh, knowledge…

I’ve figured out something that is related to “To Do” lists, for which we ADD’ers are famous. (‘Post It’ notes ring a bell?)

I’ve decided to call my list the “Not Done” list. Then I don’t fuss as much when reviewing what I haven’t done that I should have done but haven’t done cos it’s really a “Not Done” category.

Sigh.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like that title “not done list” not as intimidating as to do or should have done list. I am lucky to have a great support team on my side that have all vowed to call me about my upcoming drs appointment so I van get started on my meds.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)