Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Most Stupid, Idiotic, I've ever felt [150mg Vyvanse & 100mg Lamotrigine x2]

Most Stupid, Idiotic, I've ever felt [150mg Vyvanse & 100mg Lamotrigine x2]2012-02-10T13:20:16+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Most Stupid, Idiotic, I've ever felt [150mg Vyvanse & 100mg Lamotrigine x2]

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kissarissa

I am on Vyvanse 150mg daily and Lamotrigine 100mg twice a day.

Disclaimer: I do recognize I am the in midst of a education/work program that is not an ideal fit – however, it does not account for the lack of improvement.

I see an ADHD coach [RCC (Registered Clinical Counsellor)] and a Dr that specializes in this fun stuff.

The new position I started in the fall I stepped down from because I was allowing it to strip me down (minimal sleep, first time EVER I was concerned that my clothes were fitting loose). I did there – behind, need to catch up, 4 hours of sleep is fine, if I pull an all-nighter I can catch up on the weekend. I want to add that relative to my 6 year undergraduate degree, I pulled at least 5 times as many all nighter’s or evening “naps” (I classify that as 3 hours of sleep or less).

I can see the cycle. Behind at work -> cut back on sleep -> ADHD symptoms increase -> behind at work, etc. I was able to have 3 weeks off to reset and recoup. Coming back, physically and mentally refreshed – it became clear that my ability to manage my job was driving the cycle (opposed to undersleeping). My brain capacity is almost full utilized managing the “engagements” I am on to the point where I cannot unhook myself from what I am doing to: think, answer urgent emails. By the time the weekend arrives, my working memory and executive functions are non-existent.

Essentially, my executive functions are dysfunctional. And this is on 150mg of Vyvanse and in circumstances where I am getting more stable sleep and food.

Again –

A) I know the job I am in makes things tougher;

B) I did not “take on the reprehensibility” of feeding and eating myself now that my body did not send me those cues.

June 7: 20mg

20mg+ a week

Oct 2 120mg

Novemberish 150mg (stopped entering in the info in the google calendar)

My ADHD coach does not think it is a good idea to increase the dosage again (helps that the coach and Dr know each other, styles, etc). My Dr did ask before if I thought it was working. Based on the before and after. I could leave the house and not be rushed. If I lost something I would know almost immediately aaaand I could tell you exactly where I last saw it. I know lifestyle choices that do help, but i think I can admit (and suffer with the possible mental adjustments) of switching medication.

Now that I have provided an overabundance of context – if Vyvanse is not the best fit, what have you done? How has that worked? I am being more respectful of my time and my body.

I need to listen to my pal Einie – I do not want to amble my way into insantiy by doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

One last hurrah – took me 2 hrs to get to my clients site that is a 20 minute drive. And I 1) looked at the map that day, the day before and day before that. 2) Had the map downloaded to my phone AND my computer that I had with me. That was Tuesday. On Wednesday – realized I took exit “New CityName” instead during on the street “CityName”. AND I make an effort to orient myself in a new city, town and I have a pretty good sense of direction. ……….2 hours!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not to sound rude,but are you sure its 150mg vyvance and not 50mg. I have never heard of 150mg, i thought they only made vyvanse up to 60mg. I am taking 30mg and just got put on 40mg. cheers

REPORT ABUSE

Kissarissa

3x50mg tablets a day (the blue and white ones). I get type of response if I go to a different pharmacy. I stayed longer over Christmas so I had to get a bridge prescription and that is when I discovered 1) you are not allowed to transfer that prescription & 2) the unusualness of the dosage based on the doctor and the dispensing pharmacists reactions.

Started at 20 mg and then we’d level the dose, assess, and try a different dose.

Started Adderall yesterday @ 20mg in the AM and another 20mg 4 hours later. Today after the 2nd dose, mentally and emotionally I did a 180 from where I was just 2 hours prior.

Oh the ignorance of 1 year ago…..before this journey started.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you tried wellbutrin with vyvanse? I take 300mg wellbutrin and 40mg vyvanse and it works for me.

Some people do not like wellbutrin, but I find it works. Are you in the states or canada?

I had the same problem with sleep. Was working 2 jobs and getting 3 hrs sleep a night. This really screws you up if you have ADHD.

The lack of sleep only intensifies the problems of ADHD, confussion, anxiety, racing obsessive thoughts ext.

Adderall definatly works quicker but dos,nt last as long as vyvanse.

And yes the pharmacists start to ask alot of questions if you up a dose.

I also take clonazepan to go to sleep at night, and recently increased to two 0.5 tabs, and got the third degree from the pharmacist, had to show ID the whole nine yards. Blaaaa

Cheers

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)