Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Mother knows best!

Mother knows best!2012-02-29T02:07:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Mother knows best!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Here I am in the middle of a move. Currently moving back in with my parents until the 12th then im moving to the city. WOO!! Country girl going to the city!!

Anyways… I am in their basement trying to organize (hahaha right! Organize!!) myself a little living area to have some space of my own SO I DONT GO CRAZY!!!

They have SO MUCH CRAP they dont even use!! My dad has workout equipment that he would use given the right space and if it was organized (he has ADD too). Then all the music stuff, amps, wires, mic stands etc etc. And his homemade sausage making crap that takes over the kitchen down here and makes it smell funny! And his deer heads that he was suppose to hang up about 4 years ago!! Plus all my moms decorative crap piled up the ying yang!! Here I am doing circles! Move the workout equipment here. Okay. Now I want this there. *moves it* Nah I liked it better over there *moves it back* OH! OH!! If I move the workout stuff there I can move this thing here! *does that* No I liked it better the other way *moves it back* and on and on and on and on! You know what im talking about!!

Everyplace I turn MORE CLUTTER!! You see I dont have a lot of things. Why you may ask.. I figure if I dont have it, I dont have to organize it or keep it clean! I am just getting angrier and angrier stubbing my toe on EVERYTHING and I even bent my fingernail back on the stupid punching bag!! Then I get mad and try to throw the pull up stand and end up smashing my foot! There’s my husband watching laughing his head off because I look like a raging nut and asks if he could help me. I just yell at him and chase him out tripping on the way.

Finally my mom gets home and comes downstairs and says “Oh I hear mamas cranky”. Right away I show her the pile of her things shes had since I can remember that are not being used and need to be thrown out ASAP and continue on my way raging through things. She then says “Does my Carrie need to eat?” I stopped and thought about it… She was right. I WAS SUPER SUPER SUPER hungry! I hadnt eaten for about 7 hours. Now with food in my belly im happy and can think…

I just laughed when she asked if I needed to eat because she always knows why im cranky. I never know why I feel the way I do, I just know I feel something and normally it comes out as anger and impatience. Another good example – needing the restroom. I ALWAYS wait until I have to go really bad. I never want to stop what im doing and so I get really uncomfortable and as a result cranky. I do the “pee-dance” and get mad with anyone who tries to talk to me because theres too much going on at once – when in reality I just need the bathroom!! My sister is the one who pointed that one out to me. She knows whenever I start to shake my leg I need to go to the bathroom. She then will stop me and say “Carrie, go to the bathroom” hahaha

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

You are a great writer.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

I agree – nice to read.

My first thought was OMG, ADHD country girl meets city! Watch out for regular amusing instalments.

Second thought was how absolutely right this is. I get really cranky when I don’t eat regularly and yet I so often forget to do so. Guess it’s yet another little quirk we have! I knew someone who used to set an alarm on her wrist watch to remind her it was meal time. Maybe not such a bad idea.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Thank you very much! I was so frustrated and had to vent somehow!

The timer is a great idea! I have tried it in the past but failed. I would just ignore it! Today however I made sure to eat breakfast… then at lunch I started to feel that “bleh” feeling I get when hungry… Due to the meds it doesnt really feel like hunger, just, I dont know how to explain it. Anyways… I was starting to get cranky and my mom and husband said “uh oh! We better go feed the Carrie!! Hurry!!” hahaha It was good. We had lunch I was good to go again. Then around dinner time once again the lil hunger demon inside was welling up. I just wanted to finish putting the drywall up but my husband said that would take another half hour… I said I would just play word games until then, but he knew better. He took me to my parents and we had dinner.

I was quite proud that at least after yesterday, I stop and take note of the “hunger”. Still working on feeding it. I think I will keep an emergency sandwich in my bag at all times hahahaha

As for ADHD girl meets city… well.. That is a scary thought. Mostly because im so duh and naive. Waaaaay too trusting I am. That and paranoid. Ive already decided to get 5 big guard dogs, bars on my windows, and a million pad locks on my doors hahahaha oh my… Should be interesting yes.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

More about this homemade sausage.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lack of food forces the brain to turn on adrenaline to mobilize glucose from your fat stores. The combination of no food and psychostimulant medications can push adrenaline levels really up so you will have significant withdrawal symptoms after the meds wear off and you have your first meal of the evening.

Boom! brain shuts off.

Make sure you have protein in your breakfast and lunch.

And Carrie, in all major cities in north America, the rate of violent crime has dramatically decreased. It’s the country you should be worried about!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

hahaha the homemade sausage is made from the deer and elk from hunting season. He makes Italian sausage, summer, garlic, etc. My favorite is the deer jerky he makes mmmm mmmm mmmmmmm

That makes a lot of sense Dr.J thank you! Ive been doing well with eating these days. Eating a 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs, and I eat about every 2 -3 hours. Seems to be working well.

Its been about 2 months now here in the “city”. Population of about 50k people. A city compared to my 750 people back home. I still consider back home, home. Still not comfortable here, I think its mostly because I am still sharing a bedroom with my husband in my aunts home until we find a place to rent. My kids are still back home finishing school which also makes it hard. Im hoping once we have our own space and the kids again, it will feel like a home.

Ive always thought I was a good driver until I moved here. I cant park straight for the life of me. Im either too close to the drivers side or the passenger side. My husband was always peeved at me for that one. I didnt think it really mattered until I was sitting in the car waiting on hubby in the store and a man from the car next to me knocked on my window and told me to move my car over so his mother could get in. hahahaha that was embarrassing. My husband laughed his head off when I told him. I also keep forgetting a stop light means STOP! DONT MOVE UNTIL GREEN! I ran one the other day… treated it like a stop sign. Thank goodness no one was coming! Im really good at cutting people off too! I will be at a stop and think… “Ok! Nows a good time to go! Wait… nope, nope theres someone coming….” *minute later* “Oh I guess I could of went! Ok NOW I will go! Whoops! Someone coming from over there!” *Back up to the stop again* “Dang! Ok! Enough of this!! The people behind me must think im nuts! Im going for it!!!” *slam on gas cut someone off* Im not much of an aggressive driver. I was telling my uncle as a joke how I should probably change my insurance quick before I get into a car accident he said “Carrie… I really hate to say this… But you really should SOON!” hahahaha He has been teaching me how to park better. I am better now, honestly. Still cant parallel park. I REFUSE! One day I will get there… one day…..

Im starting to learn no one here is out to get me… Or at least I dont think they are. hahahaha Going for a walk the first week we were here, I heard something run from behind a bush and come up quickly behind us. I jumped up, turned around and braced myself for the oncoming attack (truly im a fighter, not the fleeing type hahaha) and it was a jogger giving me a weird look. Laughed at me and ran by. Sheesh, I felt like a dork. I then went for a walk with my aunt and grandma at about 9pm. We were walking down a quiet road and I said “As long as we make lots of noise we will scare them off” immediately after saying that I thought “Gosh Carrie….” then said “Sorry… Thats for bears and cougars… I dont think that will work for crazy people… If anything that will attract them!! :O

Its nice to have everything at your doorstep. I dont have to drive an hour every 2 weeks to hoard groceries. Work is a 3min drive instead of 45min drive. I can go get a pop at 10pm, even midnight if I want! Some stores are open all night! Unlike back home. If you didnt have gas or what you needed by 8pm, tough luck cookie. There is such a range of things too! Nice big Value Village where I get all my clothes and the kids clothes for such a good price! Very nice clothes too! I LOVE finding one of a kind things. I still want to have pizza come to my door!! oooooooooooh!! I have to try that one! SO EXCITED for it!! I think I will need cash for that though… Unless maybe they have a handy dandy portable debit car thing. I will keep cash in case!

Ive been going back home often on my days off to visit kids and get ready for our renters. I never realized how quiet it is there. Its very nice. I can park as crooked as I want. No stop lights. Walk in ease knowing only cougars and bears are out there to get me, but can be scared away by my voice… ahhhhh how nice! The mountains are truley beautiful when you dont see them everyday. I was even happy to see deer again! Before it was “Stupid deer! GET OFF THE ROAD!” Now its “WOW!! Deer again!! IM HOME!!!”

Things have been falling into place however. Husband now has full time job, I have full time job, renters for our house back home… This morning after my night shift I decided to go exploring and discovered heaven! Beautiful rolling hills as far as the eye can see. TREES, TREES and more TREES!!!! Country air!! It was only a 10min drive too! Thats where I want to make base. Frankly I dont care how long the commute. Im used to it. I want to live there. Its BEAUTIFUL! Even the cows are cute! My four cats can frolic in the grass and my kids can have a nice tree house and tire swing like I had :) aaahhhh Cant wait!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)