Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

My Blog!

My Blog!2011-03-21T05:40:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story My Blog!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am new to this ADHD thing or rather I am new to having a title behind my name… So I am writing a blog, I thought I would post the address here: http://ghadhd.wordpress.com/

REPORT ABUSE

Johane

I also have a blog (yet another go at writing a blog… maybe now that my ADHD is being treated… Well you know…)

I’ve just posted a post about ADHD. You might find it an interesting read… Don’t forget to let me know what you think about it. ;)

http://cookingcacophony.blogspot.com

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Just saw this post – hey, somebody’s got a username similar to mine! – and thought I’d add my blog’s address, too:

http://thebrainfogblog.wordpress.com

It’s devoted – as so many others are – to my own reflections & reactions to finding out I have ADD. I’m guessing there are probably a bunch of us out there blogging about this, so let’s post the addresses in this thread!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

FANTASTIC! Just what I was looking for. I just have to work out how to ‘follow’ them all now.

Mine is http://adultadhdjourney.blogspot.com/

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

These are really interesting. Thanks for sharing them.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Hi Tiddler – loved your last entry. I wrote this big long comment and then it went into the internet ether when I was trying to figure out if I could post it anonymously, so until I get that figured out, I’ll put the short version of my comment here: Glad you weren’t seriously hurt with those fire incidents!

Regarding the humor thing, that’s tricky. While it’s a bad habit to put yourself down, it’s not a bad thing to laugh at yourself, I think. Most folks find it quite endearing. I’ll admit that sometimes I think people are a little too charmed by my flake-outs, and thus don’t ever take me seriously, and/or keep me around strictly for entertainment value, :) so I guess my choice for a goal would be to have fewer incidents, rather than making fewer jokes about them.

Besides, I’ll bet when you made that comment about the butcher, people weren’t thinking “flake,” but rather, “genius!” :)

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I found out I have 5 different blogs. Each one seems to die out.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

:) Think of it as one blog with five chapters!

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

I’ve got a new post up. http://thebrainfogblog.wordpress.com/

Don’t worry; I won’t clog up the forum with new-post announcements forever; maybe only for a couple of weeks or so. Just figured since it’s new I’d give folks a chance to decide if they want to follow it via a few friendly reminders over here! :)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Quizzical, I think this might be a great thread for those of us with blogs to post links and talk about what’s in the blog that entry, so people can dip in and out as they please? What do people think?

I love your last entry. I got tangled up in the perseverance discussion on here too.

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Hey everyone! Just thought I’d share something with you about blogs. I’ve been blogging for a number of years now, having started out on MySpace. (I’ll resist the urge to rant about MySpace at this point. Anyway, it’s no place for bloggers now)

I put up blogs on various blog sites, just to test and see which ones served me (and hopefully, my readers) the best. Frankly, none of them serve to bring in readers the way MySpace did. I suppose there’s a need out there that some enterprising person can bring: a social network that serves up blogs as an outlet, and means of creating conversation.

Anyway, I’ve tried blogger, blogspot, livejournal, and a few others. So far, the best one that I’ve found (and landed on, at my site, which is http://wolfshades.com ) is WordPress.

WordPress, unlike some of the others, is entirely devoted to the blogger’s need to gather readers. I noticed that one or two are all about censoring – which can be a major turnoff, frankly. Some will only allow subscriptions from folk who use google friend connect, or one or two other venues.

WordPress tries its hardest to be accessible to everyone and as many sites as possible. You can subscribe to a blog via email, if you want, and get the blog emailed to you when a new one comes out. WordPress also has tools to help you advertise your blogs – you can even send links to Twitter and Facebook (or not) if you want. The main thing for the one writing the blog is that there are tools out there to help you compose offline if you want, and tweak it to your heart’s content before uploading. Honestly, WordPress impresses the heck out of me. Oh (and this is a big one!) – WordPress commenting is just like MySpace, where readers who comment, can reply to a previous comment, and it shows up as an indented response. Very cool. And you can set security up any way you like – you can set it up so that every comment must be approved, if that’s important to you. (For me, it’s not – I’d prefer that readers have instant gratification, with their comments showing up immediately. I can always delete unwanted comments if I want anyway.) Finally – WordPress has an auto-spam feature that detects when spammers try to leave comments that are thinly disguised attempts to pull readers to their sites. Put simply, those posts don’t actually show up in the page – they instead show up in a separate area where you can review and delete them if you want. Rarely has an authentic post got caught in the anti-spam device, but when it does, you can immediately click “approve” and it’ll get posted.

I love love love WordPress. (And no I don’t work for them or receive any renumeration – it’s just that I’m an aspiring novelist who blogs, and this is the best tool out there that I’ve found)

P.S. Just for the record, I subscribe to non-WordPress blogs too, and too often find that when I want to post a comment, I have to enter in all kinds of information every time, and then do a CAPTCHA, and more often than not, my comment won’t post, and I have to re-post about two or three times before it finally says “your comment is awaiting approval”.

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Tiddler: I like your idea.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Tiddler, I like your idea, too, so here’s my latest post: http://thebrainfogblog.wordpress.com

“Brains vs. Beauty”

Perseveration sometimes wears clever disguises….

REPORT ABUSE

billd

>>FANTASTIC! Just what I was looking for. I just have to work out how to ‘follow’ them all now.<<

Tabs, and set your browser to open all those tabs each time you restart it…………

Now that the how is worked out, WHEN is the issue! :-/

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Tiddler, I enjoyed your latest entry!

I still haven’t figured out how to post comments anonymously on your blog; unlike you, I’m still keeping my diagnosis under my hat for the most part, at least for now. And since I’m already on Blogger with my real name – complete with photo! – I don’t know how to post comments without all that showing up.

I don’t actually have a blog on Blogger, but I’m following someone else’s, and in that instance I wanted the person to know who I was, as a show of support. But it seems that now my name and face are attached to everything related to Blogger now.

So for now, I’ll put my reactions here. The bit about anxiety causing the ADHD behavior really resonated with me; I noticed that a lot as well. In fact, one of the things I was most anxious about all summer was “Do I have ADD or not?” I was soooooo preoccupied with it, and consequently I was losing sleep and making goofs every which way! And when I’d tune out in conversations, it was usually because I was thinking something related to ADD. It was almost as if the idea of it was GIVING me the condition. Rationally speaking, I know that’s not true, but stressing out definitely made the symptoms worse.

Wishing a speedy recovery to your friends’ son. Glad to hear the outlook is good!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)