Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Nasal congestion: Cleared up

Nasal congestion: Cleared up2011-09-05T15:35:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Nasal congestion: Cleared up

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Grainy

Just got diagnosed (middle age) and started taking my medication= Vyvanse. Within a 1/2 hr of the first dose, my nasal/sinus congestion (which was not that terrible, learned to live with it) totally cleared up! I’m guessing that this positive side effect is a kissing cousin to the negative mouth dryness experienced by some.

On Day 2 of my meds, I went to the gym and noticed that exercising was noticeably easier (i.e. cardio on tread mill)! My guess is that it is a combined result of clear passageways + I’m not holding my breath anymore (see my string on “Forgetting to Breathe”).

I also have more energy. Again, my guess is that — duh — I’m on amphetamines. But it could also be that my blood is a bit more oxygenated.

Anyone else have cleared congestion? Just curious.

Any comment from Dr. Jain?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm. I am chronically congested but right this moment I realize I’m not! I recently got put on Adderall which i don’t like (It makes me really hyper and 3x more unable to focus) and I realize I can mostly breathe right now. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not, as other things are going on. I’ll try to pay attention to it this week. I know it wasn’t affected by my Ritalin or concerta. I will say despite my congestion & my own forgetting to breathe, my blood is always really oxygenated, 98 or 99 when it’s tested, which seems to be a lot because I’m in the doctors a lot. Which means it might be mostly the meds for you. I know I had the best workouts ever when i was on my Ritalin. 20 or 40 minutes on the machine was totally doable, but when i tried without my meds, I was slowers AND before i got to 10 minutes I was looking at the clock with utter dread. It was soooooooooooooooooo boring! Haha. I bed i could work out for like 4 hours with this adderall! If only it worked so well on what i’m trying to use it for, haha.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is kind of funny. I’ve been congested since I got really sick early in Oct, and I just noticed I can breathe today (my first on Vyvanse). I’m going to wonder if it has anything to do with the L-lysine. I’ve been using L-lysine as a supplement for years to prevent colds when I feel one coming on. It also helps prevent cold sores if you take it soon enough, or will reduce length of symptoms if you don’t catch it early enough to prevent them. I don’t know how it metabolizes in Vyvanse, so my idea about it helping sinuses could be craziness. What I do know is that L-lysine alone is magical. :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)