Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Need "Search" function in this forum

Need "Search" function in this forum2010-12-01T13:48:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Need "Search" function in this forum

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forums are not easily usable without a ‘search’ function. I don’t know many who’ll take the time to read every posting in the hopes of finding the subject they seek. Please add a ‘search’ function. Thank you.

REPORT ABUSE

ellamama

+1 This would be REALLY useful!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I concur! Search function, please!

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Definitely! We need a Search function!

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

Search, search, search!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Saffron

…Is anyone here hungry?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I’m cooking dinner at the moment and every so often glancing longingly at the pot.

*glances longingly*

Search function, please? :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Search would add much.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

A search function would be good as long as it doesn’t get to be like some of the other forums I belong to. SInce there are always newbies finding the group, you will always get repeat questions. In some of the other groups I frequent, when somebody asks a repeat question, rather than answer the question, people reply with a snotty, “You need to learn to use the search function.” Even when they could answer the question with fewer keystrokes.

Everybody who comes to this site does so in order to cope with their personal journey with ADD. No two cases are identical. We all have similarities and we all have differences. It’s not like asking what weight oil should I run in my harley.

REPORT ABUSE

DogDad

This Lifehacker post suggests a temporary search workaround:

http://lifehacker.com/5714674/how-to-search-lifehackercom-using-google

Replace <lifehacker.com> with <totallyadd.com> . Same principles as described in this post. There is also a video example included.

Moderator Aerin told me her team is working on adding search. Maybe this can help us for the time being.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My suggestion go to Google.com and search:

“totallyadd.com: words to search”

The top results should get you what you are looking for.

Have fun.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Search is needed, but it’s not simple to add. To do it correctly and well, they’ll need to write some tight code and if this is SQL, their queries will need to be secure and fast.

They have to really be careful otherwise a search can over-tax the web server and database connections. I know the search function in the forum I run is limited to 100 results, to do otherwise would kill the web server with the big SQL databases.

The search by domain works and is great! But I suspect a search here has probably been in the works anyway, as apparently confirmed above.

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

+1

A search function really is a neccesity.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

Search function sounds realistic although according to some of the tech gurus here It is not as simple as it sounds………. I do believe it would help ease some of the anguish going thru all the posts to find ones relative to my sub type ADHD and other related issues…….. Maybe totallyADD.com can give us the why it would not be functional or possible…. If it is in the works maybe a HEY Group we are working on it…… Just so we do not waste our energy hyperfocusing on this issue…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)