Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Need some reputable Amantadine for ADHD resources to share with Doctor.

Need some reputable Amantadine for ADHD resources to share with Doctor.2012-02-21T19:27:03+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Other Meds Need some reputable Amantadine for ADHD resources to share with Doctor.

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sugar_Shane

In case my Doctor needs some motivation to try me on this med. I don’t like stimulants or Stratterra, this might be my last try with meds.

REPORT ABUSE

Sugar_Shane

munchkin

There hasn’t been much talk about Amantadine on this site – don’t know much about it. I guess you’ll have to educate us?

In googling around, it seems like there are people using it and liking it, but not a lot of studies done.

It seems like doctors don’t like to prescribe stimulants, so you might have an easy time getting a non-stimulant…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know if this might help your case or not…. I have multiple sclerosis and amantadine is one of the 2 “go-to” drugs to battle fatigue. I took it several years ago, before being dx’d with ADD but I didn’t feel like it was really doing anything. I was focused on fighting the fatigue, so I really can’t address its interaction with the ADD….

This is interesting though… I’m on AdderallXR (30mg) and find that it runs out after about 4 hours on work days (I’m a teacher). I may run the amantadine idea by my neuro.

sherill

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)