Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Nerw to this forum. I just got my diagnosis yesterday.

Nerw to this forum. I just got my diagnosis yesterday.2014-12-17T14:34:35+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Have a Diagnosis, Now What? Nerw to this forum. I just got my diagnosis yesterday.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jenm71

I’m 43 female  living in WV. I have an almost 4 year old. My partner and I have been together for 13 years. We have pretty severe problems, but love each other too much to just throw in the towel. We have bad communication problems on my end, and he often feels like I’m not listening to him… probably cause I’m not. We also have bedroom problems… well I do.

I’ve suspected I had ADD since I was a kid. I barely made it through school. Took me 5 years to finish H.S. But in my defense my dad was dying of cancer my first senior year, so I didn’t really give a shit about anything except staying sane.

My assessment came back as “severe ADD”.

My Doctor gave me a starter pack and prescription for Strattera, starting at 25 mg and working up to 80 mg per day.

I really hope it helps me.

Take care!
    ~Jen

REPORT ABUSE

BabafredDenandenanda

Welcome to the club, jenm.

I’ve been “official” with my ADHD since 2009, about 9 months after my child was born. I won’t go into the details as to what triggered my looking into it, except to say that there was a defining incident which brought matters that were building over a good many years to a head.

And with the diagnosis – as I’m sure you’re experiencing, everything fell into place and it all made perfect sense – why I had been changing jobs every 2 to three years, why I was experiencing insomnia, why I was missing opportunities which were looking me in the face… the whole bit.

I won’t try to tell you that things will be better “now that you know” – because it’s a constant issue that we face on a daily basis: hyperfocus, frustration, emotional sensitivity (I only learned about this issue just recently, and wow does it apply to me), but at least the ADHD is an explanation of what is going on.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)