Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

New Blog Website: Mungo's Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

New Blog Website: Mungo's Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)2010-03-31T03:14:29+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Other New Blog Website: Mungo's Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone!

I have created a blog about my recent journey towards an assessment (taking place tomorrow) and my reflections on my life of 39 years so far, on the disorder and hopefully my new life after a diagnosis and medication. It is all about my life before and after a diagnosis of Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Either ADHD predominately inattentive, ADHD predominately hyperactive-impulsive or ADHD combined type. We will see whether I am diagnosed or not…

Please drop by Mungo’s ADHD at http://mungosadhd.blogspot.com and let me know what you think – feel free to comment on my first (and only, so far) post. And please be gentle… this is all rather new to me!

Thanks,

Mungo

REPORT ABUSE

veronica

i went to your blog. found tons of info and other blogs to read. thanks…. you’ve added to the ever so growing number of sites that i can waste my time away with at work. *grin*

i’ll read through and comment when i get a chance. thanks for sharing.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m looking forward to reading your Blog posts. Unfortunately for me, I can’t read it right off your Blog with that background bleeding through the text panel. I could copy/paste the post onto a text document … which is what I’ll do, later. Right now, I have a Webinair to attend :)

Cheers!

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Hi Mungo. I will definitely come by and subscribe to your blog (and comment too).

Wish there was a way I could send a private message to you but, oh well. Here’s what I was thinking: when I began hunting for decent host sites for blogging, I tried out blogspots, blogger and finally ended up at WordPress. WordPress has some of the best writing tools around and – most importantly – it allows you to answer individual comments in an indented fashion, rather than forcing you to only comment at the bottom. So…I don’t know how invested you are with blogspot but if it’s not too late, you might want to consider WordPress instead. (You see now why I wanted to send a private message – I dislike detracting in any way from the excellent discussion here on ADHD and ADD).

Anyway, just a thought. Kudos for talking openly about this!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve changed the design to make it way more readable. That background image was wreaking havoc on my poor brain also.

I’m going to write another post later today, after yesterday’s 4 hour marathon ADHD assessment with a psychiatrist and psychometrist. I have another 2 appointments left, but it was really interesting to attend. I was wiped out afterwards though – I thought I liked to talk a lot, but even I have my limits!

Cheers,

Mungo

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, thanks Mungo. Great post. We have several excellent Bloggers here and you are certainly going to fit right in. Looking forward to your next post

Cheers

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, the first session of my assessment has come and gone – I was wiped out afterwards, and it has really sparked some thinking about my history and helped me think about how I am behaving in my life currently.

Anyway – http://mungosadhd.blogspot.com/2010/04/day-after-my-first-adult-adhd.html

Cheers,

Mungo

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello – I have 2 more visits to complete my Adult ADHD assessment, the next one is scheduled for next week. The first evaluation meeting (4 hours!) was with a psychiatrist and a psychometrist, and the next appointment is with a clinical psychologist.

I’m anticipating that the clinical psychologist will a) review the psychometric measures’ results/analysis (“e.g. Good God, we have NEVER seen anything as disturbing as your results.”), and b) possibly discuss salient and immediate issues that might be a result of ADHD (“e.g. You appear to forgotten to put on shoes and socks before leaving the house.”) , and c) possible coping mechanisms or some sort of behavioural coaching.

Does that seem right to any of you? I’m a bit nervous, obviously! (If the meeting starts off with the psychologist measuring me for a straitjacket, then I’ll start getting really nervous.)

Mungo

http://mungosADHD.com

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Straitjackets can be quite fashionable, when they’re made of lame or sequins, and trimmed with a few feathers. The crotch strap can be a bit of a bother, but otherwise, they’re not bad… ;-P

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)