Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

New here

New here2011-03-01T05:50:19+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! My Story New here

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everybody. I just wanted to drop and line and introduce myself. My name is Amber and I’m 29 years old. I have a fantastic husband and two wonderful boys. I always knew something was different with me from a very young age. It was only when I started doing research for our oldest son that I realized that we both have adhd. It really wasn’t a surprise at all. I’ve always struggled with organization, racing and repetitive thoughts and I’m great at self medicating with food, pop, and cigarettes. I’ve read through a few of the other posts here and can relate to most of them and it feel’s good to not feel so alone and “fit” in somewhere. What should be simple everyday tasks are very overwhelming and most of the time I don’t get to them. I’ve gotten “better” over the years and things don’t pile up quite as bad anymore but I need to acquire some tools and methods of doing things so I can better help our son. He’s heading into his teen years this April and I remember that being a very hard time for me, so I’m afraid what it’ll be like for him. I find keeping up with myself difficult never mind our adhd son. I don’t think he puts away anything, lol. I also have some anxiety and with the therapy I just started am starting to realize how much pertains to my life on a daily basis. I didn’t think it was so bad but in hindsight it’s worse than I thought. Thankfully along with my therapist we are going to look into constructive way’s of dealing with it and the adhd. Now I do realize as well that my anxiety is a symptom of my adhd, so if I treat the adhd the anxiety should lessen. Right?, right. What I’m really good at is hyper focusing on things of interest, from books, to sewing, and anything else that catches my eye. I have an amazing ability to retain alot if not all of the info I read. I can also remember prices on grocery items, which comes in handy when reading over my receipt for any errors. :D It’s like my brain takes a photograph of the item and price tag. So it would be neat to find something of interest that can work with that ability. We are also homeschooling our two boys, since school was not working for our oldest and we couldn’t get him the necessary help as he was not disruptive. So to keep him from falling even further behind we pulled him and he’s been doing great ever since. We have learned that he’s amazing with math. But we also have concerns as he’s always looking for something simulating to do. He will play hours of video games or games on the computer, losing all sense of time. He’s also got some sensory issues with his eyes and is a very picky eater. He has always been a picky eater, even as a baby we couldn’t get him to start solids before the age of one. Anyways I could go on and on. I look forward to getting to know you guys and building some great friendships. Take care.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the forum, Amber. You’ll find lots of help and support here.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whenever you need help, just come online. We are here to help :-)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)