Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

New to Concerta Bad crash headache

New to Concerta Bad crash headache2015-07-07T21:52:55+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta New to Concerta Bad crash headache

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

moxiebun

Hi everyone!

I’m a 38 year old and I just started on 18mg of Concerta. I am also on Cymbalta and Lamictal for depression. I took my first dose yesterday and OMG! I couldn’t help but laugh because I felt so calm! My head actually stopped racing. No anxiety, no obsessing, it was great.  Today it took away my appetite which isn’t great. A month ago I was diagnosed with gastritis so eating has been an issue already. I started to go gluten free a week ago. So, lots of changes. Today I had the headache from hell at 4pm. Thankfully tylenol helped, but the crash sucked and I was super irritable. I read that eating throughout the day, even if it’s little snacks helps with the crash. I also need to up my water because I’ve been having cramps in my arms and legs. So any advice about “the crash” would help. Thanks!!!

REPORT ABUSE

koishi
    Participant

I hear the appetite loss only lasts a few weeks. Definitely snack throughout the day, and maybe try a protein shake if you are forgetful to mind your eating. Also make sure ya have a great breakfast!!

I always start my day with a glass of water and lemon. It seems to help.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)