Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

No luck with any meds – help?

No luck with any meds – help?2011-12-06T18:29:45+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication No luck with any meds – help?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was diagnosed over the summer, and have since tried Biphentin, Adderall XR, Concerta, and Dexedrine (of the stimulants), and Strattera.

The Biphentin, Adderall XR, and Concerta made me constantly sick – nausea, vomiting, et c. I took each one for a full two weeks, and I don’t even know of they were effective because I was basically too sick to function.

I took Strattera for a total of two months, first 60mg a day, then 80mg, and I felt nothing.

The Dexedrine did nothing until I hit 40mg, then it worked somewhat, but left me incredibly jittery, but then my (previously dealt with) anxiety came back with a vengeance and I spent the next three weeks having panic attacks and barely going out because of the anxiety.

My psychiatrist is of the opinion that the stimulants are too much for me, and I agree, since when they’ve done anything at all it’s been nothing useful, and the Strattera was useless.

It’s been five months of trying meds, and I’m so frustrated I could cry.

Does anyone have any idea what else I could do or try?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have read in a few recent books on ADHD that not everyone gets the drugs to work .. brain chemistry is inexact and as you

may have seen in these forums everyones’ experience of ‘their’ ADHD, as well as their drugs is pretty different from each other.

The structure of that was horrid, hope it makes some sense. Not altogether sure my drugs are working.

From reading some of the ADHD books, it may be that some can benefit from other stuff like BT or what have you.

Find out more, read everything and ask questions and then read more. Knowledge is somewhat better than its opposite. Maybe

cheers mate

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)