Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

No-one in my health care area is willing to take me on and treat the ADHD.

No-one in my health care area is willing to take me on and treat the ADHD.2011-10-18T23:16:00+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Angry No-one in my health care area is willing to take me on and treat the ADHD.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Tiddler

I’ve been drifting on for ages, waiting while the doctors tried to sort out my treatment, so I thought. As it turns out, no-one is prepared to treat me either medically or otherwise. They say they’re not equipped to do it.

It’s a kick in the teeth, especially as I have proof that I have this condition. Surely I have a right to get help?

I have been proactive and I had turned up to the appointment with my (very sympathetic to be fair) doctor holding the name and address of a clinic in a town not too far away. It involves my doctor making an application for ‘out of area funding’ and, if it is granted, I’ll get help but will have to travel for it. There’s a 3 month wait once the paperwork is done which could take longer.

If the application for out of area funding gets turned down I’m up shit creek.

My husband found the margerine in the laundry bin the other day. I’m failing my MA course, despite being extremely good at it, but my paperwork is just SO behind. Why the hell is this problem not taken seriously in this country?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)