Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Not the greatest of days

Not the greatest of days2011-03-18T21:16:15+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Sad Not the greatest of days

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I kept trying to get going today and simply could not get anything done. I spent far too much time chasing after distractions instead of ignoring them and “just getting it done.” It’s days like this when I wonder why I bother to take medication because it feels like I’m trying to throw bricks into the Grand Canyon.

I believe part of the problem is that I had two very good interviews and now I’m playing the waiting game for someone to tell me where I stand – are there more interviews? Did I misread and screw up entirely? Was there some nuance that I missed that took me out of the running?

I think because I’m stressing out over that, it’s just one big distraction that has me staring at a blank piece of paper instead of putting images on it.

And, of course, I’m beating myself up because I don’t feel like I’m making progress over this thing.

I know what I need to do, why can’t I bring myself to do it?

REPORT ABUSE

powcat

:( I am with you, man. also having a NON day. now it’s 8:30pm and I’ve done nothing today.

I feel lonely but I actually cancelled 3 separate social plans today because I wasn’t feeling up to it! I confuse myself.

and I need a job too… bah.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope you got good news! Having a big whatever over your head can suck a lot of energy out of you. Stress does not do a body good. I don’t know about you but there are days when I just want to hide in bed and not have to think or deal with these things, or waiting for them to happen. It is the start of the spiral down to depression. Don’t let outside influences to have as much power over you. Easier said then done, but being able to feel good about what you are doing is worth much more. My 2 cents, when you feel like this call someone and get out of the house. Do something that takes focus and gets you moving. Play a sport, go for a long walk, hike, bike ride, go-karting, jog or build something, fix something. Challenge yourself with something (healthy) that you enjoy that is the opposite of what ever is giving you stress. It does take a little effort to get going, but it’s better than the alternatives.

REPORT ABUSE

powcat

that’s good advice, man. :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)