Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Nutrition, Supplements and Vitamins

Nutrition, Supplements and Vitamins2013-01-20T10:23:50+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Diet Nutrition, Supplements and Vitamins

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Scattybird
    Participant

Great tip – Ill try that next time I travel.

REPORT ABUSE

srinat

I’ve just started Soylent.  I love it.

Before, I was eating a proper breakfast every day but then I wasn’t organized enough to make a proper lunch and would go buy lunch every day.  Then I often stay late at work (because everything takes me that much longer than my colleagues) and when I get home I’m just not really into making dinner.  Sometimes I’d go without, sometimes I’d eat crappy food, sometimes I’d get around to doing a proper dinner but not until 9:30 at night.  The long and short of it is that I knew proper nutrition was important not just for overall health but also ADD but I wasn’t doing it (partly because of the ADD).
    Anyway, now I bought the stuff, it’s completely nutritionally balanced, I can make a pitcher that lasts me over a day and I always have a healthy meal handy.  The best part is that I can cook when I want to and when I’m excited about it.

Anyway, I’m not a shill for the company and there are many alternatives but for me a complete meal replacement has been a godsend both organizationally and nutritionally.

REPORT ABUSE

lindsey3

Wow everyone, you are putting me to shame – I’m still on two huge mugs of fresh coffee to get going in the morning, followed by toast or granola…. then methelphenidate (sp?) and a cigarette! I haven’t thought about diet at all. Time for homework!

REPORT ABUSE

youresohumerus
    Participant

My diet used to be pretty piss poor but I’m gradually improving it. I can never find the time to make a substantial breakfast, or even when I can my belly doesn’t like having food in it when I’ve just woken up and often leads to me feeling sick. So I learned to skip it altogether and binge later on.

Breakfast isn’t more important than the other meals but it’s still a skipped meal.
    These days, especially if I need to get up early for work and I know my night-owl brain will struggle, I’ll grab a liquid breakfast drink and a protein bar. Far better than nothing and its small enough to not make me feel sick and get me to beyond lunch time.
    Australia, in particular, has Up N’ Go breakfast drinks; I always buy the reduced sugar ones. The bars vary from brand to brand depending on their nutrition percentages and whats on special but lately I’ve quite liked the ‘bear naked’ bars.

Making a big meal in a slow cooker and dividing it into containers to freeze and then reheat is also a god send

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)