Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Oh the process of my mind – is this normal?

Oh the process of my mind – is this normal?2011-05-04T17:53:01+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Oh the process of my mind – is this normal?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am 40 years old, in the last six + months and seeing a therapist I got to the Ah-ha moment of learning I have ADD and am on medication (about 4 months now) which has helped a great deal with how I am able to let the dust settle and become more focused. However, I am figuring out things about myself and facing some realities that perhaps I avoided before. I know it’s all a process but it’s a different kind of stress and working through it has been difficult. So much so I am so focused on things I haven’t eaten a lot and have lost conciderable weight. I know the meds are part of the weight loss which was not significant at first, but now with certain events in my life and the way I am trying to handle it in a different way than I would have before has been stressful, and exhausting. Is this a normal transition? Will it get better? I don’t want to go back to how it was before the Rx but I hope I can get through this phase before I lose any more weight and become “transparent”

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I can suggest Kalika……….. each one of us are different….we are individuals… with (maybe) some similarities or traits. Hard to determine exactly what you are going through….this type of media is so open to misinterpretation.

However (from my perspective)….I found there is quite often a certain amount of anxiety that goes with internal discovery. Self discovery and the awareness process can be quite disturbing (in a wonderful way it turns out)…..seeing things in a new light… or for the first time…..questioning and/or giving up old belief systems and perspective can have a very profound effect on a person. It is hmmmmmm….or can be stressful but it is wonderful experience at the same time. The questioning of those things such as perspective and beliefs we have used all of our lives can leave one…. a little lost at times. The process of letting go to move to another can leave one a little un-anchored……but for me it was a good. If nothing changes then nothing changes……

How we respond to change is an internal process……..it is unique as ourselves. Letting go of the steering wheel of control, sitting back and enjoying the life ride can be a little un-nerving at first but……….it is a attribute that can provide huge rewards, a life time of rewards!!!

Maybe the best is yet to come Kalika…………..fear is just fear, and worry a very unproductive pastime that provides little benefit.

I know……easy to say hard to do!!!

A good journey to you…. your actually braver and stronger than you imagine!!!

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I can suggest Kalika……….. each one of us are different….we are individuals… with (maybe) some similarities or similar traits. Hard to determine exactly what you are going through….this type of media is so open to misinterpretation.

However (from my perspective)….I found there is quite often a certain amount of anxiety that goes with internal discovery. Self discovery and the awareness process can be quite disturbing (in a wonderful way it turns out)…..seeing things in a new light… or for the first time…..questioning and/or giving up old belief systems and perspective can have a very profound effect on a person. It is ….or can be, stressful but it is a wonderful experience at the same time. The questioning of those things such as perspective and beliefs we have used all of our lives can leave one…. a little lost at times. The process of letting go of one thing, to move to another can leave a person feeling a little un-anchored……but for me it was a good. If nothing changes then nothing changes……

How we respond to change is an internal process……..it is unique as ourselves. Letting go of the steering wheel of control, sitting back and enjoying the life ride can be a little un-nerving at first but……….it is a attribute that can provide huge rewards, a life time of rewards!!!

Maybe the best is yet to come Kalika…………..fear is just fear, and worry a very unproductive pastime that provides little benefit.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I can suggest Kalika……….. each one of us are different….we are individuals… with (maybe) some similarities or similar traits. Hard to determine exactly what you are going through….this type of media is so open to misinterpretation.

However (from my perspective)….I found there is quite often a certain amount of anxiety that goes with internal discovery. Self discovery and the awareness process can be quite disturbing (in a wonderful way it turns out)…..seeing things in a new light… or for the first time…..questioning and/or giving up old belief systems and perspective can have a very profound effect on a person. It is ….or can be, stressful but it is a wonderful experience at the same time. The questioning of those things such as perspective and beliefs we have used all of our lives can leave one…. a little lost at times. The process of letting go of one thing, to move to another can leave a person feeling a little un-anchored……but for me it was a good. If nothing changes then nothing changes……

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

toofat: thank you for the post that was very helpful, I greatly appreciate it!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)