Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Online Collaborative Problem Solving

Online Collaborative Problem Solving2010-02-05T01:38:47+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other Online Collaborative Problem Solving

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

“pills don’t make skills” and those with adult ADHD likely have some built-up baggage to deal with. A potentially useful, interactive online program that’s FREE is ‘collaborative problem solving” which can be accessed at moodgym.anu.edu.au . This program has been developed in Australia – and although not specific to ADHD it does address issues of ‘warpy thoughts’ and has depression & anxiety screeners.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oops!! What a goof! Yes, online collaborative problem solving techniques developed by Dr. Ross Greene can be assessed at livesinthebalance.org which is more an approach for dealing with inflexible behaviours in children. What I meant to put as the title is “COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY” which is frequently referred to as ‘CBT”. Can a techno-guru with the website correct this mistake and put down the right title to access moodgym.anu.edu.au ?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have found both CBT and Collaborative Problem Solving handy tools to have as a spouse and Mom to 2 fantastic fellas with ADHD. I also liked “The Explosive Child” – found a lot of helpful ideas there to re-frame my thinking about explosive outbursts in young people.

Thanks for the post “busy”. I would encourage anyone to check out these resources.

S

REPORT ABUSE

Ginniebean

ADHD isn’t a skill deficit disorder, it’s an output disorder. We have the skills we just can’t get them out!

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Be careful if you Google “CBT” on its own. Besides being short for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, “CBT” can also be short for a particularly painful sexual fetish.

I’m just saying…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

“CBT” can also be short for “Cucumber, Bacon, and Tomato”—at least, according to a movie I was in, called “Most Guys Today”, in which there was some confusion over whether a character was referring to the fetish or to the sandwiches.

REPORT ABUSE

CherylW

I went for CBT through the public mental health worker, and I know it works! She went off of Dr. David D. Burns’ book “Feeling Good”. He explains things really good in there. He’s from the U.S., so it’s easier to understand! lol

Another one he wrote is called “Feeling Good Together”. It tells about how we can have better relationships with others, but make sure to go through the CBT first. I’m reading it now, and it’s hard work, but if you want to have better relationships with other adults, it’s worth it.

If you can’t get either from your library, then just look at http://www.amazon.ca and they’re both there.

Good Luck! :-)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)