Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Outdoor cleaning vs Indoor

Outdoor cleaning vs Indoor2012-01-06T22:03:58+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Funny thing. I keep my yard immaculate. If the yard needs mowing, I just do it. If there are leaves everywhere, I rake them. It’s my only sense of “normality”. No one would ever think my house would be in such disarray. The reason is simple. It was my job growing up. Mowing the lawn, shovelling snow, raking leaves, it was all me.

So a note to you young parents out there.. please Please PLEASE don’t give up in getting your kid to clean his room. He/She’ll hate you, but will thank you a few years down the road.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks carsonky,

I was one of the kids who rebelled against the chores. (snow, lawn cutting etc.)

I recently (finally) was diagnosed with ADD. My problem was sticking to a routine which was a problem because lawn care, etc., was low stimulation … boring.

Many years later as an adult I will now view chores as therapy :-)

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

My room is cleaned. It was a mess for like months. I hate cleaning my room, but like cleaning the bathroom, outside cleaning is no problem, laundry, and doing the dishwasher.

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

I LOVE working outdoors, so the outside stays straight. For the most part. Just ignore the pots stacked up in the corner. And the half painted/stained garden. That’s halfway planted. Inside is a different story. :(

Amy

http://acatwithadhd.com

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds familiar Amy. I STILL have the paint cans in the kitchen from a project I started back in September or early October due to an unfinished painting project. I am working on decluttering more though so at least that’s good.

Carson

http://2012add.blogspot.com

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)