Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Over Sensitive to Everything

Over Sensitive to Everything2012-01-04T04:14:26+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Odd Symptoms/Behaviours/Signs Over Sensitive to Everything

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

munchkin

Light, Sound, Touch, Pain, Noise, Emotions, Smells… They all have bothered me, and I have expended great amounts of time, energy, money, etc. to control these external factors!

Now that I have been on medication for awhile, I’m noticing that these things don’t bother me as much, and therefore, I can focus on my to-do list a lot better.

My initial theory is that all of these things would distract me so badly from what I was supposed to be doing, it seemed like if I could only control my environment, wellness, etc. I would be able to finally achieve my goals. The trouble is, everytime I would find a way to reduce one of these distractions, there would always be a new distraction to – – well – – distract me! It was a losing battle.

Now that I am able to ignore the outside stimuli better, my perspective is changing… don’t get me wrong, I’m still VERY easily distracted. It’s just that… by seeing what the medication is doing, it’s giving me a new perspective, and perhaps a new set of priorities.

Does anyone else notice this? Are you upset/angry at the things that distract you? (Like they’re evil? :twisted:)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get upset with things that distract me certainly. I do notice if I am not well rested or tired at the end of the day that I do get put out with the slightest distraction.

It is very tiring to try and stay focused as well as avoid distractions.

I find that i have to adjust the time of day when I do things that take the most concentration. i also recognize the need to take periodic breaks to refresh myself

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)