Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

People that have gone from concerta to vyvanse….?

People that have gone from concerta to vyvanse….?2011-04-28T01:21:23+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication People that have gone from concerta to vyvanse….?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been on concerta for about 2 months now originally haven been on ritalin. I have to say the meds have helped quite a bit with most of the benefits that are already known to most of you guys however I find that my level of concentration is not as high as it was as when i started. I get sidetracked very easily and I find that im a bit more impulsive than before

I’ve had my dosing adjusted several times by my doctor and I’ve also done everything i could to get the best out of myself and of course the meds. I’m getting adhd coaching from social services and making sure im getting all the sleep I need to function properly.

Right now, im seriously considering Vyvanse as my next med, from what i’ve heard, its got really steady release. For those who have tried both concerta and vyvanse, what are the differences that you’ve found in yourself using these two meds?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You might find some answers at Web.md.com Search Concerta or Vyvanse (find a drug) and read the review’s, all of them, sooner or later something will get your attention. Good luck, don’t give up!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

These medicines work by two different methods. Concerta is essentially Radalin, but time released. Vyvanse is similar to Adderal but again the time release is different. My son started on Concerta when he was 12 and it worked ok for a couple of years. He switched to 30mg of Vyvanse two years ago and we found that was much better in helping him to focus. He too said it worked better, but again everyone is different. We recently added Strattera to the mix and that really helped him focus better, but now we’re dealing with high blood pressure, so for him the combo was good mentally, but not great for his BP. Good luck.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)