Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Please someone help I’m desperate

Please someone help I’m desperate2017-12-18T20:31:30+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Lost/Losing My Job Please someone help I’m desperate

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

adhdj
    Participant

I keep losing because my jobs or have harassment problems at my jobs. I don’t know what to do, my psychiatrist says he can’t help beyond giving medication. I could t believe he actually said that I was the only ADHDer he knew who had problems with employment and keeping jobs on or off medication. I was part of a support group in Quebec and there were several people with ADHD there who had the same problems with keeping jobs as I did

Some found accommodating employers. I have been unable to find any resources with accommodating employers. My psychiatrist says he can’t help nor does he have any such resources.

I just want a job where I will succeed, good working hours (I’m a morning/day person/ahave a young son), pay that will allow me to survive without having to take extra help (not asking for a million dollars or anything), that I will actually be accepted/appreciated and make contributions so that I can have a descent life.

Is that too much to ask for??

Can someone who’s been through this help?

REPORT ABUSE

adultaddlady
    Participant

Hey adhdj, I just joined this site and I wanted to respond because it’s been a couple of weeks and your post is still waiting for a response. I’m not sure how active these forums are. How are you doing?

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

From what I’ve read job loss is common ammongst ADHDers. While I haven’t been fired I have been on the receiving end of a couple of downsizings at the businesses I worked at. I was the only one in my department to be cut each time despite good performance evaluations and several commendations. I don’t know much about finding employers who are willing to accomodate for ADHD. I’m still on the side of keeping my condition private.

Good luck with your job search.

Richard

REPORT ABUSE

adhdj
    Participant

Thank you both for replying.

Richard, I’m sorry for the troubles you’ve had at your jobs. That is not right at all!!

I know your dilemma regarding making your condition public to your employers.

I’ve struggled with this as well. However, I’m at a point in my life where I’ve seen the same problems continue to pop up over & over again. I figure what have I got to loose by not coming forward with my condition?

The employer will either not accommodate and better to know in the beginning how I’d probably be treated by this non understanding employer, or I meet an employer who is understanding/excepting and I’m put in a place where I’m valued and can succeed.

I just know I can’t continue the way I’m going.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)