Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Positive feedback from colleague!

Positive feedback from colleague!2011-03-08T22:02:22+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Bend The Workplace To You Positive feedback from colleague!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ellamama

Several months ago, things kinda hit the fan for me. Colleagues and clients were losing confidence in my abilities. My professional reputation and that of the organization which employs me was in jeopardy.

I made some changes in my home/workplace (got a professional organizer to help with my office); I upped my dose of Concerta (to 36 mg); told some of my colleagues what was going on–explaining ADD, other colleagues I didn’t go into details but explained that I needed folks to help me with details and that nobody should ever be reluctant to remind me about a looming deadline or anything else they think I’m not giving proper attention. Moreover, I posted a sign over my desk which says “LISTEN”.

Yesterday, I returned from a business trip where I gave a presentation to the folks who wanted to basicically bury me. I (and my colleagues) were pretty anxious given the train wreck we had in the fall. This time, however, I did my power point slides ahead of time. I put talking points in the margins. I stayed “on script” and when responding to questions, I managed to look to one colleague who would offer a gesture if I was veering too far off the path (or wink when he was aware I was actively reigning myself in).

The meeting was a smashing success. I am SO relieved.

Afterwards, I told my collegue (who’d replaced me as the director of the project after the trainwreck) I was so glad he was in charge–that he was doing a far better job managing the project than I every would have.

Just had to gush…

REPORT ABUSE

Saffron

*high five*

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)