Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Problems with the Stimulants?

Problems with the Stimulants?2011-05-22T02:19:04+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Psychostimulants – General Problems with the Stimulants?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been struggling with ADD since I was about 7. At first, I tried using Adderall from my third grade years up to my fifth, but stopped there due to insomnia and mild moodiness. In sixth grade, I tried Vyvanse, but found myself struggling with severe moodiness up till my freshman year of highschool. Then, I got put on Focalin XR and Lexapro to combat some anxiety issues. But now, I have a problem with social awkwardness in most conversations, and sometimes it feels like I’m not even on my medication at all! Is it a problem with the Focalin or a combination of the Focalin and the Lexapro?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i’d talk to your doctor- maybe you can discontinue one of the two (under her supervision) and see if anything changes- to see if you can work out who the offender is. it could well be that the awkwardness isn’t med-related though, maybe it’s down to apprehension of behaving innapropriately (i get paranoid socially quite a lot, cos i’m so used to blabbering on at people and putting my foot in it :D).

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)