Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Psych appointment next week.

Psych appointment next week.2013-03-12T07:05:55+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am Psych appointment next week.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

clyde2801

Saw the Mastering It!  special on public television next weekend, and it struck a nerve.  (Fought the impulse to donate $250 and get the whole kit.)  Downloaded the ‘ADD Stole my Car Keys!’ e-book, and spent the weekend reading  it , alternatively laughing and wincing at its contents.  Registered for the site, and the Virtual Doctor (and a couple of other online tests) suggested ADHD.  Truthfully, some of the questions sounded a little stilted…I mean, does anyone LIKE standing in line at the grocery store?

Wife’s job has some good insurance, and I’ve got an appointment to see a psychiatrist in a week.  The insurance company said she’s listed as seeing adult ADHD patients.  I presume this is better than just seeing my family doctor/general practitioner.  What medication do all of you suggest ?

The odd part is that I predominantly feel hope.  I have a answer to the question that had dogged me all of my life: What the :censored: is wrong with me?  More importantly, the promise that the right medication can quickly help is a godsend.

Any suggestions or advice from any of the ‘old hands’ would be greatly appreciated.

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

As for medication, it truly depends on you.  Each medication reacts differently with each person, so it may take some trial and error to find the right fit, if in fact medication even works for you.  Just be patient.

REPORT ABUSE

clyde2801

Okay.  Guess I’ll trust the professional and see how it goes.

REPORT ABUSE

clyde2801

Saw shrink Monday. Continuing on wellbutrin, but also with abilify and (after a bit of initial hesitation by my health insurance) Vyvanse. For the first time in quite a while, I feel hopeful.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)