Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Question for Dr J regarding anti-drug propaganda. . .

Question for Dr J regarding anti-drug propaganda. . .2011-05-16T04:51:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Question for Dr J regarding anti-drug propaganda. . .

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dr J . . . please see the rant I just posted in the “Ask and Expert Forum”

I am struggling to co-parent a brilliant 8 year old son with ADHD who has responded remarkably to Concerta. Unfortunately – his father has rejected his personal diagnosis. . . comes just short of rejecting our son’s diagnosis. . .and recently has started ranting about the “conspiracy of the pharmceutical industry” pushing “toxins” on children just to make them “compliant”. The teacher is convinced that dad is not giving my son his meds on a regular basis. The preparation to go back to court is underway but it is a very long process.

I found this site referenced on his sister’s facebook page http://www.cchrint.org An organization founded by the Church of Scientology who are quoting “research” to discount the entire discipline of psychiatry. Actually also proposing that children should be giving consent.

I am an RN, firmly grounded in evidenced based practice. . . who is well aware of the “art” side of psychiatric management who was recently diagnosed myself with ADD – and have experienced the profound difference that medications can make. I am also very aware that meds are only part of the management. I am working with a and ADD coach as well as continuing to strive for a healthy lifestyle (diet and exercise)

How do you combat this type of Pseudo-science conspiracy talk. . . ?????

I am so upset that I am not certain how I am going get to sleep tonight

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

sorry for getting back to you so late, I didn’t see the post.

Apples to apples- simple confrontation: show me your papers and I will show you mine. If you don’t have any blaming the scientific community is akin to blaming empirical science. People want to make emotional arguments all the time and don’t want to listen to facts that they perceive are concocted by pharma.

That’s why I did that video called Informed Consent

http://totallyadd.com/informed-consent/

Because people have to speak to the facts and not emotions. When the Church of Scientology or anyone frankly purports an opinion out of myth and emotion, they will inevitably hurt someone. Common sense needs to prevails. If it does not sound sensible, don’t do it.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)