Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Questions about XR dosing when switched from IR

Questions about XR dosing when switched from IR2016-02-09T02:12:09+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Questions about XR dosing when switched from IR

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

xbattleofwitsx

Howdy Gang!

I was diagnosed as having ADHD years ago, but only recently decided to take the medication plunge– man, what a difference!

My only issue was I’ve been taking 12.5mg (5mg pills x 2.5) of the IR and it would wear off after about 4 hours, so today my doctor prescribed me XR for the first time. Thing is, it’s only for 10mg. My understanding is that it’ll be basically like taking a 5mg in the morning and another 5mg later, which doesn’t seem like enough to jumpstart me in the morning if the 12.5mg was the sweet spot for me.

Am I understanding the dosage incorrectly? My bottle also says to “adjust dosage as needed”. Would taking 2 10mg XR in the morning be the equivalent of 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening? He also prescribed me 10mg IR along with it to use as needed. I wasn’t terribly focused today when he was explaining it all (surprise, surprise). So I’ll be calling tomorrow to ask for clarification, but I also wanted to ask the ADD community what they thought/experiences were switching from IR to XR (and a possible combo of both).

Thanks!!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)