Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Rant about socializing

Rant about socializing2011-04-05T01:56:49+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I Don't Get People Rant about socializing

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

laddybug3

From time to time again I hate hanging out with just one person. It was better when I was at college. Don’t get me wrong I socialized with clubs. I did have one friend though, complain that I don’t hang out with them enough. How could I not have enough time? I mean I ate lunch with her, talk before class, and we had clubs. It is not like I am not socializing at all. Somehow that friendship ended too.

Okay here is what brought this up was my mom. I have an event almost everyday and it is still not enough. My mom notice that since I am home I do more book clubs, knitting groups, and that to me socializing. Her idea is going to stupid club, where people get drunk, music is way too loud, and too late. I am not a night person. Anyway, I am feeling like I did in high school. That there is something wrong with the way I socialize.

It just I like time. These groups allow for time. It starts at time and ends at time, we talk about one thing, and I don’t worry about going to long useless conversations, with a person who is just being nice and putting up with me talking.

It is also dating my parents are starting to worry about. I don’t know many guys or people my age. Most ADDers have problems with finding people their own age. I have that problem too. Most of my friends are older then me. All my friends in high school also moved away or got married. I move back in with my parents. I am the only one in the family with ADD. Sharing stories about how when they were my age married, they had fun with friends. Oh, and a cousin who has ADD too.

Thank you for reading. OMG! I want to scream and hide. I might read the mystery book. Sometimes I wish life was like a book. That way you can read the end and know how it turns out, or get destructed and daydream.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

How many clubs are you involved with? If you have something most days then you are certainly meeting enough people. Occasionally you are going to meet someone you want to have coffee with after the meetings but you need to do what you feel comfortable doing. Being involved with clubs is also a great place to meet a future partner because right off the bat you have something in common. Your mother is just worried that you are a loner and will never find anyone but if you are doing things and not in the house when you aren’t at work or school this is not a real concern. You have a social life just night the party life of everyone else. 8)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)