Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

re-diagnosed with SCT

re-diagnosed with SCT2011-12-06T11:43:29+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Need Help! re-diagnosed with SCT

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

In 2008 i was diagnosed with A.D.D. by not only a neurologist, but a therapist as well-right away my family thought the diagnose was wrong (but really they were just ignorant to its true definition)

I had also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, anxiety, depressions, insomnia and chronic fatigue-which i am told all of these-along with a.d.d. come in cluster form. i am on effexor(for anxiety, ambien (for insomnia) and adderall for A.D.D./fatigue

i was recently re-evaluated and diagnosed with sluggish cognitive tempo and was explained all of the symptoms and being diagnosed with SCT made alot more sense.

adderall has worked TREMENDOUSLY for me, pretty much changed my life its given me energy, motivation and un clous my mind and im able to focus-without adderall-driving felt like i was drunk driving-i have major anxiety about driving to begin with, and my slow thought process combined makes it worse….

however-for the first couple of years on adderall i began to become addicted and way over medicated myself-which would sometimes lead to major panic attacks, and me running out-unable to get my next script untill the following month because of how my insurance works-and without the meds i became severely fatigued-almost coma like…this went on for about a year and a half untill i was prescribed effexor-i then realized i was not only taking adderall for my A.D.D. but used it to mask my social anxiety/depression as well-and since effeor i have been able to slowly gain control over the adderall addiction-but still take it because i can NOT focus or have the motivation or energy without it…and even though i have been able to greatly maintain the addiction and instead of running out a month sooner-im down to running out 10 days prior to my next script

my question is i was wondering what other meds would have the same effect adderall has on me and dont have the “instant fix” but rather can get in my system and STAY (ie; effexor vs. xanax)?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)