Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Reaction to XR after taking a few years!?

Reaction to XR after taking a few years!?2013-05-30T16:39:07+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Reaction to XR after taking a few years!?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Geoduck

I started getting these a few years back, before the adderall, unfortunately. I wish it were something as easy as that. Also, I did come off the adderall for a bit, but there was no change.

He did indicate that it was an off-label use, and that does concur with what I found on the web. There were studies for adhd and some effect. However,
    I did take this effexor yesterday. I won’t be taking it again. Side effects, especially the nausea, are awful 🙁

Definitely not for me.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Geoduck, I was lucky with Effexor. I didn’t have any nausea or other ill effects when I started on it, and the good effects seemed to kick in almost immediately—even though it’s supposed to take a week or two.

Yet another example of how, where meds are concerned, “Your Mileage May Vary”.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

LOL! Yes, exactly. Mileage varies.

I’m wondering if lexapro would work. I saw somewhere that it was related, and I’ve taken it before for post partum depression without any side-effects. Right now, though, I’m back on the adderall (as of this am), and took the aleive that he prescribed. I’m hoping I get more benefit out of just taking the aleive. I’ll call on Monday and see what he has in mind, instead of effexor, I guess. Even thinking about effexor makes me nauseous this morning. Yuck!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

It’s been a long time since I tried Effexor and the name still fills me with dread. Like being turned inside out, over and over again, all night long. And that was after just one day on it.

I have heard that if you can get past the horrible nausea it does work. In my case it went way beyond horrible nausea and it would have been much too painful to keep trying.

I did give the last SSRI, Cipralex, a good try. But it didn’t go over much better. Since I started Vyvanse I’m happier than I’ve ever been so I guess I’m getting what I need from it.

Good luck with your migraines Geoduck. I hope you get some relief.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

Update- 1 year after the migraines became chronic. Still have them. New nuero thinks they are related to my adhd and a sleep disorder. I did a sleep study. Yup. Have a sleep disorder. No meds worked, so we tried botox in the head (ouch). Seems to help, but  still have them. Just not as bad. I use an injectable med for when they get horrific, but since the botox, I’ve only had a few nightmare ones.

But it wasn’t the adderall, which I am still taking, because my family hates me when I don’t 🙁

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@Geoduck

Ouch! Sorry to hear you’re still suffering. 🙁 At least you’ve found a little relief. I hope you manage to get rid of the migraines some day.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)