Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Reading out loud

Reading out loud2011-03-26T20:58:00+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

um… i do it out loud sometimes. when that happens then i’d likely start talking to myself about the vis- u -ally, and how it must be an alleyway and not allied, cos of how it’s spelled, and then i get a headache….

just like i did yesterday when i was thinking about how quay is said key, and how you get a qua sounding noise replaced with a keh one for not much reason or sense, and how spellings are generally stupid cos taught, fought,. torte, haut, sort and whoknows how many other spellings all sound the same. and how irritating it is that you can get a silent k in knife, silent g in gnome, a silent h in ghost, and so on, but you can never get a silent p in public bathrooms, no matter how much paper you put in the bowl or what funny angle you sit down at.

:P

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

njadd here are answers to your questions

1- space out, I tend to start to daydream, or I do get distracted by an item or a character not important to the story. It could be something small as the walls in a story.

2-I am dyslexic, which I often forget.

3-No, my brother actually came into my room to listen to me read. I am just really slow when I read a loud. At school many of my classmates didn’t like for me to read. I practiced a lot, almost memorizing what I needed for class. I discovered if I read in class, then I was more aware and focus on what I was doing in class. I don’t have to worry about school anymore :(. Gosh do I miss school, and I knew I would too.

My high school teacher suggested this, because I liked to read. Was able to understand the story, got a higher letter grade at the end of the quoter. It just made me aware of how I read. If that makes sense.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for sharing

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)