Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Relating your life to an ESSAY

Relating your life to an ESSAY2011-12-07T21:32:49+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other Relating your life to an ESSAY

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone, this will be my second post in a week. I find that very impressive seeing how I never stay with one thing hahaha. I would like to talk a bit about my ADHD in a comical and open manner. I really hope this does not offend anyone, it is simply how I deal with it and embrace it.

Life with ADHD can be a lot like an essay, In an essay you need to formulate a thesis which is generally an statement or an argument about 2 or more variables depending on which faculty of learning you are in. The thesis reminds me of a statement that I try to come up with to catch the attention of my professors, my employers, my girlfriend, my family etc,,, When I finally find the right thing to say, I than need to come up with concrete examples from scholars in order to back up my statement. This can be called the body.

So when I begin my body I look at all the different things my ADHD interferes with, Hmmmm lets see???? Oh ya, it interferes with everything in my life hahahaha. So I try to explain to my professors that it would be beneficial for me to write my exams in a private room with head phones (distraction free). When I write my test alone I achieve my highest marks.

My next argument involves my employers. What should I tell them. Well I did not have to say much after about three months of work. They could pretty much figure out what was going on. I told them anyway just in case there was a mix up. You see about 99% of people haven’t the slightest clue about ADHD and what it is all about (exaggerating). So I made sure to tell them I am not stupid I just like to walk around a lot and make every meeting an open discussion where you don’t have to wait your turn to talk!!!!!!

Ok last argument because a body should have maybe a few topics, with several persuasive arguments.

Friends, family, and significant others thank you for your patience!!!! I realize that we speak out of turn, do not think before talking, never relax, and have severe mood swings. But remember that this can be and is a life time disorder so if you don’t want to take the time to help than get out now. It takes years and years of practice.

Once you finish your argument you can now conclude to your audience that ADHD is a disorder. We all agree on that. What we don’t agree on is the stigma that surrounds it. I take the time to explain ADHD in my life to anyone that comes my way who doesnt understand. I help people who are “coming out”. I live on a tiny island called PEI and it is hard to get anything going here. I am pushing forward to be an advocate here for many people who do not have the support no matter what age.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)