Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Remote Work/Telework

Remote Work/Telework2018-01-09T03:44:30+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Other Remote Work/Telework

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

adultaddlady
    Participant

I’ve worked from home for a few years now, full time. Sometimes there’s a bit of extra struggle because home can be distracting, but on the other hand, I don’t usually have to “be somewhere” (other than at my computer) at a certain time every day, so I spend less energy beating up on myself for being late, or being disorganized, or not being able to find my keys on my way out the door. Anyone else work from home or do telework? What are your challenges? How has it helped?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by adultaddlady. Reason: Moved into a subtopic
    REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

I have worked from home on and off for years now. While I did find it distracting I was able to get my work done because I wasn’t tied to the clock. I prepare weekly reports (a terrible job for a person with ADHD) so as long as I got the work done on time there was no real issue with how and when I did it. I would get distracted at home all the time. It was too easy to be hungry or tired or bored at home. I found myself ducking out for tea or a sandwhich or to find a different playlist of music… At the office I can focus better but still end up in the lunch area often to make tea or to chat with coworkers about something.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)