Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Request for Advice Doctor Won’t Prescribe

Request for Advice Doctor Won’t Prescribe2015-02-02T16:40:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Request for Advice Doctor Won’t Prescribe

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

deebee
    Participant

Larynxa,
    Thank you for this info! Coincidentally, I exchanged a few messages with Joanna Martin at Springboard after I enquired as to whether Ainslie Gray still practiced or was now just focused on executive activities. I live a couple blocks south of the Springboard office, a couple blocks north of Bloor.

You’re not the first to suggest a fresh-out-of-med-school family doctor, not only for appointment availability but also for exposure to more current education about things like ADD.

What I’d love to have is a list of attendees of all the local family doctors who use CADDRA’s “Canadian ADHD Practice Guidelines” or have attended any of the programs about them. That sounds like an ideal pool of doctors who have self-selected to learn about ADHD/ADD to use that education in their primary care practices.

hullupoika,
    The hand-signed, paper (not electronic) prescription containing the doctor’s DEA # and showing of ID are actual legal requirements in the US. The restriction to a single month and the pill bottle/pill-counting ritual are not legal requirements but are your doctor’s exercising caution. They are not unusual, especially if the patient is new to stimulant drugs, new to the doctor’s practice, or somehow appearing to be a risk for misusing them.

Stimulants are Schedule II Controlled Substances, along with most narcotics. Neither Zoloft nor Xanax are subject to that level of regulation.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)