Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Responsibility

Responsibility2012-04-23T21:17:33+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Responsibility

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whenever I get mad at a shrink session or at my family for being insensitive towards me, they love to make a comment about needing to put me on a higher does of meds or changing my meds or asking me if I’ve taken my meds. It seems that of all the talk that is aimed at our direction about us using ADHD to evade responsibility for our failures it is they our shrinks, our family members who like to evade their responsibility for their behavior towards us. It is they who like to think that it is our ADHD that causes us to be irritable and only that rather then their behavior and lack of respect towards us that makes us lash out. Thoughts? Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I could not agree more.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s kind of like asking a woman when she’s angry, if it’s “that time”. Bad idea.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

I am getting comments from people who know about my ADD, “Have you taken your meds?” “Take a breath. You are having an ADD moment”… many more guaranteed to send me into orbit.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bellamom. I actually said that to a woman who asked me if I was taking my meds when I’m mad. She got angry at the comment calling me a sexist. I came back at her telling her that hey if it’s sexist for me to say that then it’s prejudiced for you to say to an ADHDer if his meds are working. It works both ways. One is not worse than the other. She was taken aback by that. The fact that she was a shrink means that she should have known better. ANd people wonder why I’m reluctant sometimes to seek therapy. Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well…..the Devils’s Advocate in me seems to want to say….. inappropriate behavior on the part of another is not an invitation…… I generally do not want or have to, buy into what other’s are selling, just because they are selling it!!! Over time I have learned what is important to me, and what my strong personal beliefs are….(funny thing) is they are mine…and mine alone…..and I’m so comfy with that!!!!

I guess what it comes down to for me……is, golly if somebody is being contrary or what ever they are doing or saying…..I really don’t have to care, or bite, or correct them…life is so much easier when I just “shine it on”….after all it is just somebody else’s shit.

It’s like this……..somebody throws a ball of shit at me….I find it much easier to step aside and let the shit ball go by, rather than catch it, and be outraged. because they threw a shit ball at me…what’s that about??? I find the sidestep approach is much better for me and my soul, as opposed to hurling it back harder as payback???

That’s jus me tho…………

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Toofat, I am in total agreement with you.

You pick your battles . . . and most aren’t worth the fight. I think that often others don’t see it that way and feel that if you don’t take up the challange, or at least come up with some clever come back, then you’re a wuss or lack backbone.

It’s almost a lose-lose situation.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

KC5……hahahahahaha…really, I believe that too!!!. Picking battles is critcal (to me too)……I found over time the more comfortable I became (become) with myself and my beliefs, and figured out what is really..”Really” important to me…… the less I care, or buy into other people’s crap……..it just has very little meaning to me….it’s their’s and that’s fine, I’m ok with that …. but it’s not for me in any way shape or form.

Life is so much easier……..and that can become a win-win…. :)

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

We’re on the same page, same paragraph, same letter of the same word on the same line. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the morning giggle KC5……..

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I get roped into things last minute. There was a time when I was president of three clubs. Then another time when I had to do the dance, and then they wonder why I am stress. Say, no they claim that I will do nothing and just sit all the time. People wonder why I don’t want to do anything on the weekends.

Why can’t I say no to responsibility?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)