Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Restarting my life

Restarting my life2011-06-21T09:13:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Sad Restarting my life

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Loved the “ADD And Loving It” Documentary, but was so jealous of the couple profiled in it. Instead of finding a husband who understood me, I found the opposite. Someone who after 14 years was so fed up with my messiness that he filed for divorce. It’s for the best because we had very little in common except for our mutual love for our two children. At the ripe age of 49 I’m trying to figure a lot of things out. How to start dating again, and looking for work that is meaningful, appropriate to my intelligence, (M.S. degree) and ADD-friendly. It’s scary to get back into the workforce as I have been a stay-at-home mom for many, many years. I was lonely in my marriage but I was in denial so I didn’t have to face up to that feeling. Now I’m just truly lonely. I try Meet-Up groups, but…. So I’m glad I have a place to vent and share with my fellow ADDer’s. Want to tell everyone (including myself) that things will get better!

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

sometimes, I think that the highs and lows are so much more intense that weather it is a high or a low we almost hyperfocus on the feeling of the moment and let are head and heart fun away with the feelings . this can be the wrong direction , so check and double check and keep smiling ,for when the clouds pass the sun will shine again. many of us I think spend to much time looking at the sadder side of our lives instead of just being thankfull for what we have and who we are. myself inclued. so think of things that bring joy to you just to lighten a heavy heart alittle.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)