Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Ritalin and ** urinating **

Ritalin and ** urinating **2011-06-21T13:36:18+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Ritalin Ritalin and ** urinating **

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL, roaming my dreamland for useable toilets is exactly what it feels like! ones without doors, dirty clogged ones, etc. You sure we haven’t met in one of those dreams?

The worst incident I can recall is having to drink a lot of water for an ultrasound test and pleading with them to hurry up because I couldn’t hold it in. When I got in the testing room, the tech said I had too much water in my bladder and had to let some out. Well, it was darned hard to just let a little out! When I gotta go, it’s like Niagara Falls. But with the Ritalin, not so urgent.

I started drinking more water this week, every 15 minutes I would take a good drink out of my water bottle rather than just squirting a sip into my mouth, and I did find myself going to the toilet every hour. And last night I had a large tea about 1 hour before going to bed, had to get up once during the night (but not umpteen times, which was the norm!). I don’t have to run to the bathroom first thing every time I’ve been away from home for an hour. So the Ritalin doesn’t totally suppress the urge, but it’s less urgent and I can sleep through the night.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ugh! I had to do that with both my ultrasounds when I had my kids. The first time I was wayyyyy too full – I could hardly move to get onto the scanning table, but I had only drank what they told me to. I was told to pee and then stop after ten (or maybe twenty) seconds. I was so surprised there was anything left after that, it came out so fast!! They told me to drink half the amount the next time, but even that was still too much lol :) My bladder was a huge big black void on the ultrasound screen, taking up all the room!!

And we probably have met in those dreams…there is always someone hanging around when you finally find a clean toilet…without a door!! Just as you decide to chance using it, there comes somebody (or multiple somebodies usually!) around the corner. Or they are the one to snaffle the one last useable loo….and use up all the paper while they are there!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL! there is never any toilet paper in my dreams … could you please save me a few sheets next time you see me?

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

oh boy ROFL, I swear that’s just too uncanny! I haven’t had those type dreams since I was about 12 but how wild is that? Never would have thought that was so common. I will have to ask my daughter if she had those sorts of experiences as well.

And no_dopamine, as for general sleep issues – I always thought it was all age and back pain related and only started clueing in on the possible ADD connection after diagnosis. The ritalin seems to help my sleep but then again I also don’t have normal sleep habits either. Still go to bed to late and haven’t gotten myself a proper routine yet so not where I really want to be yet with that. While there is a reduction in the amount of time it takes to fall asleep I’m still a really light sleeper and will awake very easily.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Nellie,

I am a really light sleeper too, so I use industrial ear plugs. That really helps. I am used to the sounds that are inside me now (white noise). And with my husband sleeping downstairs I am doing really well.

I thought perhaps I was having insomnia problems that were due to age as well, it was particularly frustrating because my mom had really bad sleep problems in the few months before she passed away (severe sleep deprivation, my dad too, as he had to be up every time she got up as she’d leave the water running in the tub, etc). I was really afraid it was starting to happen to me too. So glad I am sleeping better now.

I am starting to be able to leave work now (since it’s separate from home) and just come home and relax. I do tend to get drowsy halfway into the last dose of the day (ritalin) so that’s very helpful for getting to bed early. I still do wake up early, but the cycle is starting to shift so I will hopefully soon be able to get up and go to work when everyone else does, instead of starting my day in mid-morning or mid-afternoon.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d love to save you some but someone else beats me to it….I could always fish some of the soggy stuff out of the clogged up loos for you (ROFL)…it might help clear a loo so I could actually use it :D

Sleep problems are the worst. I think I have doomed myself by doing permanent night shift. Though other night shift workers seem to cope alright and sleep like babies. My son also has trouble getting to sleep, and he sleeps like a log when he does. Getting him up in the morning is so hard. I am glad to hear that medication might help there. I just don’t sleep well in general, between restless legs, back ache, and my busy brain :(

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, you can KEEP the soggy stuff. I can’t tell you how many real-life clogged up toilets I have walked away from…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gee, lucky me….maybe I can decorate my Christmas tree with it…. 😆 ….might look nice once it dries…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)