Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Ritalin make anyone sleepy?

Ritalin make anyone sleepy?2012-04-12T18:28:59+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Ritalin Ritalin make anyone sleepy?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I just started taking Ritalin 10mg three times a day two days ago. I had been on Stattera ( all types of doses )for many months ( no help at all ) and Concerta (all types of doses too) . No help at all as well. So i am trying Ritalin. Ritalin makes me SLEEPY. I have been having trouble sleeping for the last month and a half ; only sleeping 2-3 hours a night . So I decided to take my thrird dose of 10mg of Ritalin at 9pm (considering it makes me sleepy). I miraculously slept fron 2am to 8:30am.

I read up on this weird sleepy side effect and it said that only children with severe ADD get this effect. Only less than 1% percent of kids get this sleepy effect.

Is this for real?

Has this happened to anyone?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hm! Once I come down off of it sometimes I get really sleepy. I have been thinking that I might actually have seizures which the Ritalin often induces and that’s where I’ve thought the sleepiness and post-ritalin can’t-brain-or-function comes from. Never heard of sleepiness this significant, though. Interesting. I’d definitely let your doctor know!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did. I told my psychiatrist. She went ” oh NO, this only happens to very few children”. She wasn’ t at all thrilled I had taken Ritalin at 9pm. I’ll see what my next appointment has in store for me. 🙄

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate doctors who think they know everything and like to tell you you are wrong about your body. :(

Do you have any anxiety issues? I find that my Ritalin also corrects my anxiety which could make it easier for me to shut my brain down and get sleepy..

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

I had a sleepy side effect when I first started taking Focalin for a little while, but eventually it went away.

Good luck!

Amy

http://acatwithadhd.com

REPORT ABUSE

mendesjessica

Nrgs I agree with you .. Ritalin is very effective. I have use Ritalin some time.

REPORT ABUSE

donzaymic

Many People advice me. Don’t use Ritalin. Ritalin many side effect. is he right twilightfades

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)