Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Ritalin may help sleep trouble in ADHD adults

Ritalin may help sleep trouble in ADHD adults2011-10-17T01:51:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Ritalin Ritalin may help sleep trouble in ADHD adults

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Link to an article from ADDitudeMag.com http://www.additudemag.com/addnews_49/print/3407.html

I did a Ritalin self-experiment for 3 months, and had similar results to what the study found. My ADD psychiatrist said he met a female doctor in Germany this past year who was studying sleep and ADHD, I wonder if this was the one! Will print this out and bring it to my sleep doc followup and my ADHD assessment followup next month.

So far, the modafinil that has been prescribed for my narcolepsy isn’t helping with the nighttime sleep issues (I am going to increase the doseage as recommended to see if this changes). So this article gives some ammunition to my experience with Ritalin. I took 10 mg at 6:30 pm the night I returned from my sleep doc appt (he prescribed modafinil but I couldn’t take it until the next morning) and I had a good and refreshing night’s sleep.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do not change dose prior consulting to the doctor. Thanks for sharing the information. I am surprised to hear that Ritalin which is quite in use for the treatment of ADD is equally beneficial for ADHD one among various sleep disorders found in adults.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find this works for me! I started ritalin 20 mg twice a day when I was diagnosed with adhd and also had 10mg prescribed in case I had a long day one day I took it at 8pm cause I had a meeting to go to only to get there and realize it was the next day lol! I went to sleep at 10pm and had the best sleep ever! I now take it at 8:30am, 2pm and a 10mg at 7pm and my sleep has never been better!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Yes I agree. I think Ritalin helps me sleep because it calms my mind chatter.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I recently suggested it to a friend of mine, he consulted it to his doctor and got much relief. I also suggest you visiting this website http://sleepdisorders.dolyan.com/sleep-disorders/ , Here you get bunch of information on sleep and related issues.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)