Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ritalin shortage?

ritalin shortage?2011-04-27T06:27:15+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Ritalin ritalin shortage?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My regular pharmacy is saying that there’s a national shortage of generic ritalin (10 mg) because of a particular manufacturer.

Has anyone else heard about this?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I have run into this. One of my prescriptions were on back order and they had no idea when it was going to come in. I talked to my prescriber who said that this had happened to about 5 other people. My prescriber could not understand why. I got another, it was really expensive. I don’t understand this.

REPORT ABUSE

Lindstr7

Yep, just happened to me today. dr. prescribed 3 months worth and I only got one due to a “national shortage.” Odd.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

My doctor mentioned this to me as well. Apparently, there is planning involved in manufacturing drugs! ;)

Who knew?

So “they” project, based on past demand, such as the demand in the last year or last few years, how much they’ll need for the coming year….And they guessed wrong. That’s why.

REPORT ABUSE

Lindstr7

I guess “ADD and Loving it” was a bigger success than anyone realized!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m just about to get started on meds again & have been trying to figure out what I can afford. If there’s one generic brand of ritalin that’s better than another, or others, I’d like to know what it is.

Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

Lindstr7

methylphen-mall is working well for me. 10mgs as needed. First two nights had sleep issues, now its fine and sleep great.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

I got an answer on the shortage, well, at least this month’s shortage, as I live in a college town. Finals week. Turns out, ADDers who are in college tend to start remembering to take their meds, or refill them in the weeks leading up to finals, as papers are due and intense studying sessions begin. Makes sense.

The pharmacist said that there’s a limited amount they can prescribe during a certain period, because it’s a controlled drug in the US. She also said more would be in later in the month. Luckily she had enough on hand for me :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is funny! So fill your prescription before finals!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

sdwa I don’t think it was planning or something like that. It was real shortage.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)