Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Ritalin Side Effects?

Ritalin Side Effects?2019-05-24T12:36:08+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Ritalin Side Effects?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

utternutter
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve just started 5mg doses of Ritalin for the first time this morning. I’m being eased onto it slowly, especially as I’m very sensitive to drugs generally.

I’m feeling a little drugged and queasy (happy though!). Is this usual? Do these side effects eventually pass over time?

Alexxx

REPORT ABUSE

itsritza
    Participant

Hey mate,
    I’m 22 and was only diagnosed 3 months ago, I started on 10mg Ritalin twice a day and the first week was a bit of an emotional roller coaster.
    The first day I felt upset, down and spaced out for no reason so I just slept it off.
    After the first day my emotions were up and down but I could feel it doing it’s job, almost instantly I could pay attention, I was remembering things, I could have proper conversations with people and my confidence sky rocketed.
    It helped me prioritise my life and I have since started an online business, gotten my real estate license and have just been offered a job in the industry, I don’t think I would have done any of that without the way ritalin has made me feel.

You get used to the weird “drugged” feeling as your body welcomes the ritalin over the first few weeks but the euphoric feeling still hasn’t gone away for me, I just talk more than I used to and productivity levels have gone through the roof!

On the down days i sit down and repeat to myself that I am feeling the way I am because of the ritalin and absolutely nothing else, it doesn’t make the day easier but it definitely helps manage the side affects.

Hope I could help 🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)