Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Ritalin vs Dexedrine

Ritalin vs Dexedrine2011-04-18T17:14:20+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Ritalin vs Dexedrine

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Carrie

I just wanted to share my experiences with these 2 meds, and was wondering how it was for any of you.

Ritalin SR, Ritalin: I do not feel when it kicks in but it does keep me focused. I only notice the difference when it wears off and I become very irritable for about an hour and notice how unfocused I really am. However, it does not help me with my hyperfocus and lack of motivation to do anything.

Dexedrine: I feel when it kicks in because everything is quieter, I feel calmer, its like I can see clearer. It does hinder my appetite (but I could stand to lose a little weight anyways haha). I am focused, it helps with my hyperfocus, and I seem to have motivation to get things done!

I was first given Dexedrin and thought it did nothing for me due to my high expectations and was put onto Ritalin. At first I thought the Ritalin was doing nothing until I didnt take a dose. Now that I am aware of how it effects me I took Dexedrine again and find it to be much better (for me anyways)!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have recently switched from dexadrine fast acting 5mg (2.5 x3/day) to ritalin. Right now I am taking 2 10mg every 4 hours.

The dexadrine made me focused, but I felt it had limitatins. I still struggled with my mind racing in 10 directions which resulted in many unfinished tasks. Also when the dexi were very smooth which is a good and a bad thing. When they wore off (4 hours) unless I had them with me and on my mind, I usually forgot to take them.

The ritialin: I was prescribed this in highschool and didn’t like the zombie like trance it put me in (which I know realise is “focused”) It is great for tackling big tasks, like filing, cleaning, writing essays, but I do find I can become hyperfocused. However now that I am in my late 20s, being the social butterfly I once was is less a priority; being suddessful in life has trumped it.

As long as I don’t accidentally take too much ritalin (like forget I took it and take four in 2 hours) I think this is a better stimulant for me,

When I took too much dexi by mistake it was kind of a good time. Too much ritalin makes me a zombie. i can not articulate anything.

Everybody is different. metabolise things quickly which is why I was on the fast actin dexi. But I think after a while my body builds a tolerance to whichever stimulant i am taking so I may end up switching every three months.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)