Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

RSDI questions

RSDI questions2015-08-09T16:10:28+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community RSDI questions

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

maomao

this week i received an SSDI award letter. i’m in the US, btw. i have not worked in 2 years. i have been homeless for 1 year, though i have been fortunate to keep a roof over my head and not be on the street. i will be applying for subsidized housing, though i’m open to the possibility of a mother-in-law house or the like. i am looking at still working part time, but for now, i want to follow the SSDI work rules very carefully. i see voc rehab in 2 days and i know they can help with that.

the letter had some elements that were incredibly confusing. i won’t even begin to detail them, because i don’t want to make anyone’s head spin. fortunately, i filed my application through a professional Representative/assistant. she worked for SSA for almost 40 years and now she’s a private consultant. i’m so glad i don’t have to deal with the complications alone!

my question(s) is, if anyone here has been through any of this process before? what advice or counsel do you have? thank you!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)