Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Seeking A Doctor Who Will Prescribe Ritalin (Concerta) In St Louis, Missouri

Seeking A Doctor Who Will Prescribe Ritalin (Concerta) In St Louis, Missouri2012-11-23T20:12:11+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Need Help! Seeking A Doctor Who Will Prescribe Ritalin (Concerta) In St Louis, Missouri

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been treated for depression and ADD with medication since 2001. I recently switched from Ritalin to Concerta while living in Minnesota. I had good insurance, and my Primary Care Physician prescribed my medication in Minnesota. When I moved to St Louis, I lost my insurance. I am disabled, and my income is low. I’ve found assistance getting my other medications filled, but I have had no luck finding a doctor who will prescribe and manage my Concerta. I have seen 2 regular doctors at a local community clinic. They were not famiiar with Concerta and did not feel comfortable prescribing it. The Clinic referred me to a Psychiatrist. When I called her Clinic, I was told she does not treat adults with ADD, only children. I’ve decided I need to find a ‘private pay’ doctor – a Psychiatrist or any doctor who will prescribe the medication I need. I will come up with the money needed to pay the doctor. Naturally, I would like to find a physician who charges the least or maybe uses a sliding scale for fee based on income. Most importantly, I need to know that the doctor will prescribe the Concerta before I schedule the initial appointment because I cannot afford to keep wasting my money and time. If there is anyone who could refer me to a doctor in the St Louis, Missouri area who will prescribe Concerta, please let me know. Thank you very much.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)