Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Short-term solution for forgetting sustained-release meds?

Short-term solution for forgetting sustained-release meds?2012-06-01T14:52:36+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Medication Short-term solution for forgetting sustained-release meds?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ellamama

Do any of you have hand-dandy suggestions for what to do when it’s after 10 am and you realized you forgot to take your Concerta (or other sustained-release stimulant medication)? If I take it after 10 am (definitely after noon) I can’t get to sleep at night. If I don’t take it, I’m simply useless in the afternoon and evening. I sometimes try lots of coffee which works better than nothing, but I”m hoping others have some good ideas.

TIA!

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

sticky notes, alarm clock, string on finger, put meds in front of wallet, there are many ways to develop a system and habit. jc

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a “week box” with medication inside. Made with bright colours and I place it where, I go first thing in the morning.

My kettle :D

Hope you get some ideas..

PS: What dose of Corcerta XL are you on?

Pete x

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

You also could carry a small quantity of immediate acting medication for times like that, but I agree with Jim. Set up a routine that does NOT rely on your memory. There is a reason why my Concerta is right beside the toothpaste where I can see it every morning.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I prepare my week box with Concerta every Sunday and it stays right on the kitchen counter, so I never forgot my pills in 2 years. I also carry a small quantity of Ritalin in my car, just in case…Or you can carry smaller Concerta doses (18, 27..) and even combine with Ritalin. I was also advised not to take generic Concerta but generic Ritalin isn’t said to be much different. Hope it helps.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Mine is in the cupboard above where I prepare breakfast.

I have the same trouble though if I sleep late. Take it after 10 and I’m up till gone midnight and I really do need more sleep than that.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)