Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

singing as therapy

singing as therapy2011-04-05T20:54:03+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other singing as therapy

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Shadow Nexus

I’v been doing it in private since I was 17. I’v been told i’m good by friends. Great for ridding myself of case of the blues. I was wondering if anyone else uses this technique.

Over the years, I thought about doing it professionally. However, I have a severe auditory memory deficit. I can do a whole song with it playing in background, a loophole. Otherwise, I can do only a few bars. Funny thing, I tend to sing with an English accent. ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

There was an article in the Toronto Star, a few days ago, about how effective singing is at reducing stress & lifting spirits. It has even been shown to reduce the soaring BP & heart rate of patients in the ICU, faster than any drug. The article told of a woman who asked permission to sing to calm herself down, and hospital staff were amazed at how quickly her BP & heart rate went back to safe levels.

I saw the same amazing phenomenon, when my mom was in the ICU, 12 years ago, awaiting a triple-bypass. When my brother & I sang for her, the change was so dramatic & sudden, that it set off the alarm at the monitoring station, and the nurses came running!

REPORT ABUSE

Lindstr7

Wow, thats pretty cool. I’ll have to give it a try. I know when I sing to my animals, they mellow out. Maybe they’re just tuning me out? :D Thanks for the creative idea!

REPORT ABUSE

jpsimard

I couldn’t agree more… could be why I love singing so much.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes I agree singing makes me feel not so sad.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)