Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Sleepless in Simcoe

Sleepless in Simcoe2010-11-29T16:20:57+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Sleepless in Simcoe

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Turbo. Re Trazadone side effects.

1- Would fall asleep only to wake up 2-4 hours later having problems breathing, mainly through nose.

2- Constant dull ache at the base of my skull.

3- Loud ringing in my ears.

4- Blurry vision.

5 – Rash

I find that after having been sleep deprived for so long I am constantly thinking about whether I’ll get some sleep to-night. Of course this leads to a depressed mood, anxiety, and a fear of the comming night and insomnia. I just have to break the cycle. I’m going to get professional help above and beyond what my GP is offering. Will keep in touch.

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

Thanks for the info on Trazadone, Rainbow – keep us posted how things are going for you :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got back to the office after my yearly physical. Lots of blood work, ultra sound, and ecg set up. GP said if nothing from these tests give him a clue to my problems, he “WILL” refer me to Dr. Jerome in London for assessment. At last there may be a tunnel at the end of the light. Untill then I’ll take the Elavil as prescribed, bury myself in my work, and cope. Thank You all for the support.

Rainbow.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Sorry if I’m covering ground you already know, but do you have a sleep routine (i.e. going to bed at the same time each night, no late night food, no distractions in the bedroom, no TV/computer before bed)?

Also, have you used anything like meditation to quiet your mind? If you’re new to it, there are lots of free sample recordings on the internet to help you relax.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill. Thankyou for your input. I do have a routine that I follow, and I try to go to bed at the same time each night, Most nights I’m still awake after 30-45 minutes I get up and read something boring to try to get sleepy. My wife is into meditation, and I’ve tried it without success. I get up at the same time each morning wether I have slept well or not. It’s funny, but I can fall asleep watching TV. As soon as my spouse wakes me to get to bed, I’m wide awake.

My daughter has suggested White Noise. Think I’ll try it.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Hi Rainbow – if you can fall asleep elsewhere, but not in your bed, then what is it about your bedroom or bed that is affecting you? Get really curious about this. Experiment with sleeping in other parts of the house. If your spouse were to leave you asleep in front of the TV, what would happen.

Also, observe yourself as you go to bed. What thoughts come to your mind? What feelings or emotions are triggered as you go to bed? It could be something going on internally which is getting in the way of getting a good night’s sleep.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill – I think it’s the quiet and no other activities going on. My mind seems to think it should start something , and it does. While I’m waiting to get the tests/results from my latest GP visit, He has increased my Elavil to 50mgs at night. Seems to be working . Has anyone else been prescribed Elavil for ADHD? Would like to know if it helped. Will still get refered to DR Jerome for assessment, but it’s going to be months before I get an appointment.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)