Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Snake oil?

Snake oil?2011-06-07T04:01:04+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Snake oil?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.synaptol.com/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=Synaptol

I was just on Facebook, and this product was in their Sponsored Links. As I was looking it over the skeptic in me kept saying that it was snake oil. Anyone have any experience with this? Snake oil or legit?

REPORT ABUSE

Bibliophile

It is a homeopathic remedy and therefore completely ineffective save the placebo effect. At such extreme dilutions, there is often absolutely zero grams of the “medicinal” agents left in the solution. Water has no memory so the theory that homeopathy works under is complete bunk. As a placebo, it might be beneficial.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I looked up “homeopathy” on Wikipedia, and guess what? It IS snake oil! Avoid this product at all costs. It’s a waste of money and is completely ineffective.

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

Yup. Found this out the hard way when those hyland’s homeopathic sleeping pills did nothing. Well, I didn’t learn, because I just thought they didn’t work on me. Some things are just like that. Years later, I tried some homeopathic teething drops that didn’t work on my kid, though. Figured out the whole homeopathy thing, and that it is not the same as naturopathy. Ah, no wonder the kid kept screaming. Thank God for Tylenol. That worked.

There are analgesic benefits to sugar, according to my doc, so there’s a shot a homeopathic remedy might work on some mild pain, but it’s not because of the non-existent medicine. It’s the sugar they use to make up the stuff.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)