Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

So I've always suspected but now I know…

So I've always suspected but now I know…2011-05-04T20:51:14+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Have a Diagnosis, Now What? So I've always suspected but now I know…

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m new here, I’m 21 and my name is Haaken. I’ve always suspected, at least since high school, that I have ADD but I’ve never actually known for sure. For the past few years I have begun to feel more different, crazy, stupid, annoying, etc. etc. this has all led to having a low self-esteem, doubting myself and being just plain awkward in social situations so that the many friends I once had have deteriorated to a bunch of acquaintances. After trying a friends adderal for a few days straight and realizing it didn’t make me feel like I was on a drug it just made me feel “normal” I thought it might be time to actually try to get some help. So I saw a doctor and told her my story and she told me that this is a case of ADD.

As of right now the only part of my life that seems to be in order is my academic life, which I have always tried extremely hard to keep up. So right now I am a junior at a university studying philosophy but I’m finding it harder and harder each day to even go to class let alone do the assigned readings and papers. On top of all this I don’t feel like I have any friends anymore and the last girlfriend I had was two years ago, and before that I had one girlfriend after the next.

I feel my life is in shambles and since two days ago when I was diagnosed I feel like a big weight it slowly being lifted off my chest and so many regrets I had about my life are dissipating with my new understanding.

I really want some help, what advice do you have for me? How do you cope with each day, just getting out of bed and staying happy and maintaining friendships or even simple conversations?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)