Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Some good career news.

Some good career news.2012-06-24T15:39:00+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace ADHD-Friendly Careers Some good career news.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

curlysue

First, if this is a re-post i apologize. I was on Reddit and found this. We get a lot of “You have AD/HD you can’t do X.” I thought it was nice to find an artical that said we are suited to work in this field. and fire departments should work with us. had to share.

http://firechief.com/mag/firefighting_lazy_crazy_stupid

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Curlysue. It’s a little late for me to be a firefighter , but I love hearing about careers we’re actually good at. Helps me to steer my son in the right direction. They always say the two best ways to manage ADD is to marry the right person and get the right job.

REPORT ABUSE

curlysue

To late for me too.

REPORT ABUSE

firefox

My doctor told me that people who have ADHD do well in outside sales because we ” think well on our feet” and get creative and figure things out on the fly in the middle of a crisis or chaos. That is also why many become emergency room doctors or criminal lawyers .

Many people end up working in the service industry.

Ironically my ex spouse was a successful sale manager who has ADHD and his brother is a criminal lawyer ( also has ADHD ).

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)